I want Oprah Hair!!!

NappFrizz83

FRUSTRATION..I've been relaxed..natural..relaxed..natural and semi natural. right now i have a TWA and i thinking that i want to stay natural this time and wear it pressed most of the time. the problem is my hair doesnt cooperate natural or relaxed i still had breakage problems and my edges are always really short. i don't know what to do. any tips..regimens or anything you can give me to grow it out strong this time around? HELP

**ok bump Oprah check out this girls hair..she says she is natural and straightens every 5-7 days http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unhFiNO7IxI GORGEOUS

Last edited:

NappFrizz83

I just have my hair braided under glued in tracks..eek..i couldnt afford a sew in but when i get money im gonna get something better

Country gal

FRUSTRATION..I've been relaxed..natural..relaxed..natural and semi natural. right now i have a TWA and i thinking that i want to stay natural this time and wear it pressed most of the time. the problem is my hair doesnt cooperate natural or relaxed i still had breakage problems and my edges are always really short. i don't know what to do. any tips..regimens or anything you can give me to grow it out strong this time around? HELP

There is no mention of Oprah in this post. I was hoping for a pic or something. I love O's hair

Stella B.

There is no mention of Oprah in this post. I was hoping for a pic or something. I love O's hair
Yea, and her hair is so uber thick and long! It falls like a curtain, and frames her face so well. I think it looks good because it seems to be even in length and thickness throughout. It does look amazing!!!!!:yep: I wish I could have Oprah's hair too!

NappFrizz83

oprah's hair is natural and she wears it pressed on her show

Embyra

Oprah hair is relaxed she said on the show where she had chris rock on .....relaxed hair like oprah's is just a beauty just lovely!

MizAvalon

I think Oprah said that she got it relaxed recently?

It is certainly looking the best it has ever looked though. It was hysterical when she pulled those two chicks cards that thought her hair was fake. She let them come up and check her scalp! :lachen:

mrsjohnson75

I think Oprah recently relaxed her hair (she said it on the Chris Rock "Good Hair" show) but I still love her hair! :)

Embyra

yeah oprah she is relaxed like lhcf member tracee i think is her name who has the K.I.S.S site she has thick lush relaxed hair it can be done with the right tools relaxed hair doesn't need resemble a wet seal loool

tallnomad

NappyFrizz--I would suggest letting go of the glued in tracks as soon as possible and never look back.

My humble suggestions would be to get your hair cornrowed and wear wigs for about 6 months to a year.

Or, you could do small twists (single or double) and wear a wig.

Also, make sure you're keeping your hair, and especially your ends, moisturized and then sealed with a light oil like coconut.

Then eventually as you gain more length and consistency with your hair, you could start getting it pressed and the Oprah hair will be right within reach! :yep:

Leeda.the.Paladin

Oprah has been relaxed for years, she just has really thick hair.

OP do you ever wear twists or braids with your own hair? That has really helped me retain length.

NappFrizz83

No i dont wear anything with my real hair..im a bit prissy and i love long hair so i glued these tracks in out of desperation..money was tight :perplexed

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
yeah oprah she is relaxed like lhcf member tracee i think is her name who has the K.I.S.S site she has thick lush relaxed hair it can be done with the right tools relaxed hair doesn't need resemble a wet seal loool

what is the wet seal look?

LadyRaider

^hair that looks lank and stuck to your face when wet.

No offense to anyone, but that's what I thought of Tyra's hair. Tyra is beautiful and talented of course, but I just wasn't as wowed with her "real hair" as other people were. My relaxed hair is fluffy too. My hair has never been that straight and flat when wet (while relaxed.)

JollyGal

I want Oprah hair too OP. You're not alone. Her hair is on a different level - the ethereal level.

I wish oprah would do a show dedicated to her hair.

It deserves it's own show

Fine 4s

I'm laughing at this video...Her hair is REALLY nice.

I had the video on mute so I couldn't hear what she was saying nor did I care. I just wanted to SEE the hair, you know the deal.
The front looked like :look: where's the beef?

Then...

She takes down the teenie, tiny bun and BAM!
She set us all up! lol
I have to make a vid with this shock element...
Real smoooooooooooooove....

aegis

Using heat that often isn't a good idea yet IMO. You could try it and see how your hair reacts. Why don't you get a sew in or a wig and keep your hair moisturized throughout. Then alternate natural and straight styles? Not everyone can take direct heat weekly.

Embyra

No offense to anyone, but that's what I thought of Tyra's hair. Tyra is beautiful and talented of course, but I just wasn't as wowed with her "real hair" as other people were. My relaxed hair is fluffy too. My hair has never been that straight and flat when wet (while relaxed.)

I think thats why people are shocked when they see someone like oprah who says she is relaxed as people dont often think relaxed hair let alone long relaxed hair can look big and fluffy like that