I think my hair stopped growing-yes I am serious

LongCurlyLocks

Unfortunately it is, I have no other choice. There are no other dermatologist in my area that will take my insurance. Others are at least two and a half hours away and I have to wait two or three months just to see someone if not longer. But she will learn today if she acts a fool on the 9th. I want my biopsy or else and I'm not playing. I'm just gonna have to play this out until I find someone else. Best believe I'm looking in the meantime.

HanaKuroi

LongCurlyLocks said:
Unfortunately it is, I have no other choice. There are no other dermatologist in my area that will take my insurance. Others are at least two and a half hours away and I have to wait two or three months just to see someone if not longer. But she will learn today if she acts a fool on the 9th. I want my biopsy or else and I'm not playing. I'm just gonna have to play this out until I find someone else. Best believe I'm looking in the meantime.

Maybe the ladies here can help you make a list of questions for you to ask and tests that should be given.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

Subscribe

Over the past year and a half I found out numerous reasons why my hair is in the state that its in right now. I had low ferritin levels that was causing excess shedding. My vitamin D levels were dangerously low. I have borderline hypothyroid (most MDs would say that the numbers are "normal", but my ND is treating it anyway and I'm doing so much better).

There could be numerous reasons for hair loss and slow hair growth but it took a Natropathic Doctor to really get to the bottom of it for me.

I'm so mad i can scream. My mom was told by her Dr.that she didn't need her vitamin D levels checked because TWO years ago her levels were normal.

Rnjones

I'm so mad i can scream. My mom was told by her Dr.that she didn't need her vitamin D levels checked because TWO years ago her levels were normal.
That's bs. Vit d levels can change just like any other blood level. In my practice vit d is checked at least annually and sooner if u have been shown to be deficient. No md should deny a patients request for blood work. It's a simple blood level, it's not extensive testing Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

LongCurlyLocks

Looks like your mom might have to throw a temper tantrum like I did to get what's she wants done. But it's sad it had to be that way but we can't let these doctors run us. Tell your mom to go back and demand these tests or whatever may need to be done. I'm telling you if that lady doesn't do my biopsy.... Like Kevin Hart said "you gone learn today..." Good luck to your mom.

Subscribe

That's bs. Vit d levels can change just like any other blood level. In my practice vit d is checked at least annually and sooner if u have been shown to be deficient. No md should deny a patients request for blood work. It's a simple blood level, it's not extensive testing Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Looks like your mom might have to throw a temper tantrum like I did to get what's she wants done. But it's sad it had to be that way but we can't let these doctors run us. Tell your mom to go back and demand these tests or whatever may need to be done. I'm telling you if that lady doesn't do my biopsy.... Like Kevin Hart said "you gone learn today..." Good luck to your mom.

Thank you both. My mom is old school and the "good Dr." knows best. I'm going to buy her a bottle and send her a few articles regarding vit D.

LongCurlyLocks

Ok, so I've thought about it and even though the dreads are calling me, I'm going to hold off, get the biopsy and the results and go from there. In the meantime I'm going to go back to babying my hair with my oils-might pick up that Liquid Gold bald spot treatment and do natural low maintenance styles. I can't use that topical crap the dermatologist gave me it is too greasy and it has mineral oil in it (huh?). I jumped on the Waist Length 2015 challenge so maybe that will inspire me. I will let you all know how it goes on the 9th.

HanaKuroi

LongCurlyLocks said:
Ok, so I've thought about it and even though the dreads are calling me, I'm going to hold off, get the biopsy and the results and go from there. In the meantime I'm going to go back to babying my hair with my oils-might pick up that Liquid Gold bald spot treatment and do natural low maintenance styles. I can't use that topical crap the dermatologist gave me it is too greasy and it has mineral oil in it (huh?). I jumped on the Waist Length 2015 challenge so maybe that will inspire me. I will let you all know how it goes on the 9th.

Mineral oil isn't always all bad. Most prescription ointments and topical treatments will contain mineral oil. I used what the dermatologist prescribed for me when I had a scalp issue and it contained mineral oil. I don't use it in other things but I did what the doctor told me to do and used what was prescribed. It isn't forever.

Other oils can cause allergic reactions and that is why it is used as an ingredient in ointments and and topical solutions.

I am allergic to the preservatives in most creams (creams contain water) so I am always prescribed things containing mineral oil. The products that are not creams work better according to my dermatologist.

I think you should do and use what the doctor told you. You can still use your oils and regimen.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

LongCurlyLocks

Ah! Like I said it's too greasy anyway. I'm going to see the heifer on the 9th so I will talk to her about. My main concern is my biopsy.

LongCurlyLocks

Well guess what? I can't go back to this dermatologist, she no longer accepts my insurance. The appointment was tomorrow. Now I have to start over... Can't win for losing.

luckiestdestiny

Bless you! I'm not sure what disorder you have, but I know you can turn it around after seeing the doc. Who knows maybe there is a medication that you can apply that can change your hair for the best. Fingers crossed!

PolaroidPictcha

Ok, I have been a member of this board for years (at least four) and I have followed the advice of some of you until I found my staple. Well it stopped working so I adopted another, then another. You see where I am going with this. In the mean time, my hair is getting thinner; to the point where I have a thin spot in the top of my head. I mean, it's not completely bald but it is thinner than the rest of my hair. Even my boys noticed it. That means there's trouble when boys notice something like that. Also, throughout my head it seems like it's not as thick in some spots. Meaning the quantity of thickness is not universal. A little depressed about my situation, I went to Mane Image for a consultation. I looked at my scalp on a monitor as she ran something like a camera over my head. And I can see that I had hair in some spots and in others none at all. She said I may have some scalp disorder; I won't embarrass myself trying to pronounce it. That really messed my day up, I was in tears literally. She recommended that I go see a dermatologist for a biopsy to confirm. In the meantime, it seems that my hair has stopped growing as well. I don't know what to do and I am scared stiff of what that doctor is going to tell me. Has this happened to you or anyone you know? What do you/they do? Is there any hope for me? I would like to have at least waist length hair, now I barely have bra strap. And the sad situation about this my hair used to be so long and thick as a child. I want it back. I am almost crying just typing this.....

Are you gluten intolerant? Sometimes eating it can stop and thin out hair.

krikit96

You had a tubal ligation which can cause early menopause. You should have your hormones checked.

I'm sorry, I don't think you have this right. I had a tubal as well, at 29. The doctors wouldn't give me a hysterectomy because they said THAT would send me into an early menopause. A tubal ligation doesn't do that.

tjrj1998

I'm sorry, I don't think you have this right. I had a tubal as well, at 29. The doctors wouldn't give me a hysterectomy because they said THAT would send me into an early menopause. A tubal ligation doesn't do that.
Everyone is different. She should still have her hormones checked.