My hair stopped growing!

KaramelKendra

Hi gurls!First of all I gotta say this board is GREAT!!WELL,Im a newbie and I have a BIIIg Problem ,Now that I got to brastrap my hair stopped growing!Its very healthy,no split ends I keep it trimmed and well moisturized,Im even using Miracle" products like Surge but my hair still won t grow...Whats goin on?Please Help!

Karonica

Do you have any thyroid disorders by any chance? Just wondering because it will cause changes in the hair. How often are you trimming? Not too often, I'll assume.

hotshot

you may want to try a fast like the master cleanse to flush out the toxins and ger your body operating properly.
or, your hair is on pause.

inthepink

I bet it's growing and you just can't tell the difference. Ignore it for a while and then pay more attention, I'll bet you'll see that it is really growing.

Angelicus

Hey! and welcome

some questions:
are you relaxed?
do u do your own relaxers?
are you trimming right after a relaxer?

patience

[ QUOTE ]
KaramelKendra said:
Hi gurls!First of all I gotta say this board is GREAT!!WELL,Im a newbie and I have a BIIIg Problem ,Now that I got to brastrap my hair stopped growing!Its very healthy,no split ends I keep it trimmed and well moisturized,Im even using Miracle" products like Surge but my hair still won t grow...Whats goin on?Please Help!

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to the board!

How's your diet and water intake? Do you exercise? Healthy hair begins on the INSIDE. What you take INTO your body is reflected OUTSIDE of your body...What's your hair routine? Some of your products may also be a contributing factor. Hair is growing grow unless you've damaged your follicles. If you've ruled this out, then look at what you're doing to contribute to your slow hair growth.

KaramelKendra

well yeah I do exercise cuz Ima fitness trainer.
.lol..as far as for my hair routine I wash my hair 3x a week w Nexxus Therappe and Deep Condition,I do Co washes every other day,I use a daily moisturizer (Mango Butter) and take multivitamins,Centrum,B complex n Iron!My hair looks very healthy,i dont have any phisical problems..so I don t really understand why it s not growing!

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
I bet it's growing and you just can't tell the difference. Ignore it for a while and then pay more attention, I'll bet you'll see that it is really growing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree...forget about your hair for 3-6 months. Then see how you have progressed over that time period.

KaramelKendra

yeah I thought about that ...I was planning to braid it in a week,that way I will avoid to play with it and constantly check how much its growing..

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I get discouraged sometimes about my growth too. Im thinking about getting cornrows or individual braids starting June so I don't have to fool with my hair. Good idea!

garr6982

I think it's growing, you just can't tell. This happened to another member on the board (sorry, can't think of her name
)!

It turned out that she had taken pics of her progress and there was noticeable growth.

Maybe you should take a pic now and then another one like poohbear and hairlove suggested in about 3 months to chart the growth. You should be pleasantly surprised
!

By the way,
W E L C O M E!!!