I think I made a huge mistake!

ivyQuietstorm

Well, my 13 year old nephew (actually, he's not my nephew, but my son's cousin. He calls me auntie, and I call him nephew) has been attending church with me and my son. He comes from a family of unsaved folks, so I was excited when he expressed this interest in visiting with us.
For the past month, he has been coming each and every service with us. After his first visit, he expressed his desire to be baptized. I told him that I think he should understand the baptism a little better, and speak to his mother about it. I honestly hadn't thought twice about it.

Well, today in service we had alter call he said "Auntie, I want to get baptized." I said "Are you sure? Have you spoken to your mother?" He said "They are calling, he just said come on." And made the motion to get up. I was torn. What do I do, what do I do? Should I stop him? I turned to the side and let him go down the aisle.

He was baptized and filled with the gift of the holy ghost at 13 years old. His story is so awesome. He told me that God spoke to him while he was speaking in tongues and said "Praise me for the gift that I have given you." How awesome!! I was so excited.

His mother was furious to say the least. I feel so bad. I didn't mean any harm, but when I looked in his eyes, I could see he really wanted it.

His response "If I would have waited on my mother, it would have never happened."

How can I get her to forgive me? I didn't mean any harm. I just didn't want to tell him no.

Please advise! I'm so hurt.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Nice & Wavy

Well, my 13 year old nephew (actually, he's not my nephew, but my son's cousin. He calls me auntie, and I call him nephew) has been attending church with me and my son. He comes from a family of unsaved folks, so I was excited when he expressed this interest in visiting with us.
For the past month, he has been coming each and every service with us. After his first visit, he expressed his desire to be baptized. I told him that I think he should understand the baptism a little better, and speak to his mother about it. I honestly hadn't thought twice about it.

Well, today in service we had alter call he said "Auntie, I want to get baptized." I said "Are you sure? Have you spoken to your mother?" He said "They are calling, he just said come on." And made the motion to get up. I was torn. What do I do, what do I do? Should I stop him? I turned to the side and let him go down the aisle.

He was baptized and filled with the gift of the holy ghost at 13 years old. His story is so awesome. He told me that God spoke to him while he was speaking in tongues and said "Praise me for the gift that I have given you." How awesome!! I was so excited.

His mother was furious to say the least. I feel so bad. I didn't mean any harm, but when I looked in his eyes, I could see he really wanted it.

His response "If I would have waited on my mother, it would have never happened."

How can I get her to forgive me? I didn't mean any harm. I just didn't want to tell him no.

Please advise! I'm so hurt.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

My dear sister....don't you fret...God will take care of this!

God spoke to that young man and he made the decision to give his heart and his life to Jesus Christ. Although his mother is upset, she will see soon that God has done a work in her son and she will thank you.

Don't let the enemy come and make you feel as if you did something wrong...you know he's a liar and he will NOT have his way.

Just keep praising God for your nephew's life. This is the beginning of the other members of your family to come to Christ.

You did the right thing!

I will be praying for your family along with you!

Blessings!

firecracker

Uh sorry if she was so concerned she shouldn't have allowed him to go with you to church in the first place. I understand what you maybe feeling but she had no business allowing him to go with you because this is what could've happened if she let him go. I wouldn't worry about it and let the Lord do his work. What is the heathen gon do now stop him from attending any and all churches til he's grown? She will regret it if she does. Your better than me because I'd tell her flat out "well you should have never let him go in the first place since you don't want him to know Jesus"!

ivyQuietstorm

Thanks so much Sis! I have been battling with this all day and I do feel much better.
Your right, the devil is a liar! The angels are rejoicing over my nephews decision!

I'm so proud of him. He could have decided to turn to drugs or the streets, but he chose to give his life to Christ!

Praise God!!

ivyQuietstorm

Uh sorry if she was so concerned she shouldn't have allowed him to go with you to church in the first place. I understand what you maybe feeling but she had no business allowing him to go with you because this is what could've happened if she let him go. I wouldn't worry about it and let the Lord do his work. What is the heathen gon do now stop him from attending any and all churches til he's grown? She will regret it if she does. Your better than me because I'd tell her flat out "well you should have never let him go in the first place since you don't want him to know Jesus"!

I'm afraid that she's not going to let him go with us any more. Honestly I don't think she will. But I'm not going to worry about it. That seed has been planted at a young age. He will cherish that experience for the rest of his life. No doubt about it. I'm stepping back and letting the Lord's will be done in this scenario.

frizzy

I'm trying to figure out what kind of mother would be upset at their child wanting to get closer to GOD, and actually doing it.

OP you did nothing wrong. Your nephew made his own decision to get baptized, he may need you in his life now, more than ever to help him stay on the right path.

firecracker

She can't keep him off his knees, from going to the library reading the word, from seeking the Lords face the list goes on of what she can't really do in regards to the all mighty father. I hope she gets over her anger and doesn't do the fool. If he expressed his earlier conversations with you to her she will see her anger maybe misplaced and outright outlandish.

firecracker

I'm trying to figure out what kind of mother would be upset at their child wanting to get closer to GOD, and actually doing it.
Uh after my encounters with non believers and some actual situations around :look: nothing is unbelieveable to me in regards to religion or anything to do with the Lord Jesus Christ. I'm just saying and going to keep praying for her nephew along with his mother.

Nice & Wavy

Thanks so much Sis! I have been battling with this all day and I do feel much better.
Your right, the devil is a liar! The angels are rejoicing over my nephews decision!

I'm so proud of him. He could have decided to turn to drugs or the streets, but he chose to give his life to Christ!

Praise God!!

I'm glad that you feel better. You are blessed and highly favored of the Lord!

I'm proud of him too...he chose the Savior!!!

Hallelujah, thank you Jesus!!!

Nice & Wavy

I'm afraid that she's not going to let him go with us any more. Honestly I don't think she will. But I'm not going to worry about it. That seed has been planted at a young age. He will cherish that experience for the rest of his life. No doubt about it. I'm stepping back and letting the Lord's will be done in this scenario.

You planted, someone else will water and God will give the increase in his life!!

Rejoice! For the Lord used you mightly in the life of a young man whom He has called for His purposes and for His glory!

The seed you have planted shall produce a mighty harvest!

Blessings to you, always!

Nice & Wavy

OP you did nothing wrong. Your nephew made his own decision to get baptized, he may need you in his life now, more than ever to help him stay on the right path.

Most times, when someone in the home gets saved, the sin in the rest of the family is shown to them and they don't like it:yep:.

It' happened to me when I first got saved. My mom got so upset with me...it was as if I did something wrong. But, God spoke to my heart and I prayed and believed and after awhile, my mom got saved too! God is good!

**Tasha*Love**

Your story sounds like mine! My mom got upset that she wasn't there the day I turned my life over to Christ. Well, no one told her to skip church that Sunday :rolleyes: :lachen:. Mom made sure that she joined church that following Sunday!!!

OP you did a WONDERFUL thing! Satan will always try to fill us with doubt when we are on a mission for God. Have you ever noticed that you are under the greatest attack once you become saved? Being out the in the world brings plenty of good times and Satan loves that. But minute that you turn your life over to Christ he will try to kill and destroy what God is building up in you. I know that your nephews mother is upset but imagine how pleased God is with you!!!! :yep:. All that really matters is how God feels about the situation and I know that he is so, so proud of IvyQuietStorm! :rosebud:

:clapping::clapping:

Most times, when someone in the home gets saved, the sin in the rest of the family is shown to them and they don't like it:yep:.

It' happened to me when I first got saved. My mom got so upset with me...it was as if I did something wrong. But, God spoke to my heart and I prayed and believed and after awhile, my mom got saved too! God is good!

PaperClip

Please do not feel guilty. In fact, rejoice!

I was 18 (EIGHTEEN!!!!) when I finally wanted to get baptized and between my mom and the church, I couldn't/didn't get baptized.

I ended up getting baptized a year later....

I suspect that the mom's fury is complex: firstly, it's the devil's anger. Secondly, it's probably guilt on her part because her son's salvation and Holy Spirit infilling shows her (the mom) where she probably USED TO BE in her walk with the Lord.

That's what happened with my parents after I got saved and filled with the Holy Ghost. My mom was upset about me changing churches. I found out recently that she held that anger for a LONG TIME. But through the years my parents got closer to the Lord. My parents stopped smoking and drinking cold turkey not too long after I got saved.

Keep doing what you're doing and keep that mom and son in prayer.

PatTodd

I suspect that the mom's fury is complex: firstly, it's the devil's anger. Secondly, it's probably guilt on her part because her son's salvation and Holy Spirit infilling shows her (the mom) where she probably USED TO BE in her walk with the Lord.

Amen! :yep:

ivyQuietstorm

Your right. He recently has been getting into fights in school. When i explained the baptism and that the old person died and he's a new creature in Christ he was so glad! He just smiled. This may have been a turning point in his life.

ivyQuietstorm

You planted, someone else will water and God will give the increase in his life!!

Rejoice! For the Lord used you mightly in the life of a young man whom He has called for His purposes and for His glory!

The seed you have planted shall produce a mighty harvest!

Blessings to you, always!

I'm believing God for a mighty harvest! I'm also believing God to break that generational curses that have been in their family for years. It stopped with my nephew!

Praise God!!

Nice & Wavy

I'm believing God for a mighty harvest! I'm also believing God to break that generational curses that have been in their family for years. It stopped with my nephew!

Praise God!!

And the Father wants to give you the desires of your heart...hallelujah!

I'm believing with you about the generational curses....hallelujah, glory to the Lord Most High!!!