Baptism for Every Church?

BerrySweet

Now I might be naive, but are you supposed to be baptized in every Church you join?

My Mother was telling me that my aunt stopped going to "our" Church and started going to another one, and "got baptized and joined the Church and everything." :confused:
Me: Didn't she already get baptized earlier in life?"
Mom: Yes
Me: So you're supposed to be baptized with every Church you join to be a part of the Church officially?
Mom: Ummmmm...I don't know, ask the pastor.

Well I never asked because I didn't like the pastor and avoided him at any cost, and it's botherd me for a long time now, so I was hoping my righteous sisters would be able to help me out. :D

Just to add, my aunt hasn't had any kind od spiritual awakening or "born-again-ness," if this helps to expain.

Also, what reasons would one have to be re-baptized if not to reaffirm their faith?

Basically you are supposed to be baptized in order to join a church. and no you dont have to be baptized at every church you join as long as you have word from your other church or a letter.

Basically you are supposed to be baptized in order to join a church. and no you dont have to be baptized at every church you join as long as you have word from your other church or a letter.

natural_one said:
I have never had that experience. That must be with certain churches. Do you mind if I ask are the churches you are referring to a certain denomination?

Baptism shouldn't be something that you'd need to do at every church you attend. Baptism is just an outward expression of what's happened on the inside. You're burying the old man and embracing your newness in Christ. It would probably come up at a new church but if you "have" to be baptised again in order to be apart than I would definitely question why.:confused:

Last edited:
I agree with the statement that you Don't need to be baptized into every church you want to join.. I was baptized as a teen AT a baptist church. My Pastor told me that I was being baptized into God's family NOT that particular church. Now as an adult, my husband attends a "Church of Christ" denomination... and everyone there keeps asking me when I am going to be baptized into their church.. It is very interesting especially when I tell them that I have already been baptized for the remission of my sins and that I DONT have to repeat that just to attend their church!!!

They seem to think that if you are not baptized into that particular "church of christ" you are going to hell... It is amazing... I respond.... well you mean to tell me that that God is going to only let 500 people be saved (meaning everyone that has been baptized at their church) and everyone else in the world is going to hell? They have no answer for this question!!!

Dogmd said:
I agree with the statement that you Don't need to be baptized into every church you want to join.. I was baptized as a teen AT a baptist church. My Pastor told me that I was being baptized into God's family NOT that particular church. Now as an adult, my husband attends a "Church of Christ" denomination... and everyone there keeps asking me when I am going to be baptized into their church.. It is very interesting especially when I tell them that I have already been baptized for the remission of my sins and that I DONT have to repeat that just to attend their church!!!

They seem to think that if you are not baptized into that particular "church of christ" you are going to hell... It is amazing... I respond.... well you mean to tell me that that God is going to only let 500 people be saved (meaning everyone that has been baptized at their church) and everyone else in the world is going to hell? They have no answer for this question!!!

This is my understanding as well.

Back