I participated in a natural hair focus group yesterday

laurend

A company is developing a natural hair care line and they need AA women to test out their products. We could choose what we wanted and I choose: a deep conditioner, smoothing gel, a leave in conditioner, twisting creme, a co-wash and a other product I can't name. The products were presented in plain plastic jars. We were suppose to use the products and report back weekly for two weeks about how we felt about them. After finishing the two week testing period, they gave us $50. About a week later, I got an email to come and discuss how we felt about the product and natural hair in general. So yesterday, I tried to remember all the things that were discussed here and also from my own persective. It was about 10 of us discussing the pros and cons of being natural and the products we use. I can't get into all we discussed but all of us said in your advertisements you should use all types of natural hair types 3 to the 4's and not just 3a, 3b or 3c. They gave us the new line products in the beautiful jars and $60. We are the first ones in the country to have them. The name of the line is really a beautiful name. Sorry I can't show it until the product is officially out.

BostonMaria

Ummm... Hook me up lol

Wow call me if they need another tester! Did you feel pressured to give a good review?

laurend

Ummm... Hook me up lol

Wow call me if they need another tester! Did you feel pressured to give a good review?

I would but you don't live in Chi-town LOL. No pressure I told them how I felt and I didn't like one product and I would buy another product if it didn't cost a lot. All of the products use natural ingredients.

:nono:you know they probably been lurking this board:nono:
instead of one of us starting a business we'll be buying some recipe they probably got off of here. natural hair is big business. first we get hooked on the creamy crack controled by other races and now will be hooked on their co-wash. look at that wen product.:lachen::grin:

qchelle

Ohhhh! I can't wait for this product to come out! I'm excited! :lol:

I used to work for a place that hired people for focus groups...which makes it even more exciting for me :lol:

nikolite

Definitely keep us posted. What was the name of the company? Or if you can't tell us that is it brand new or an established corporation with a new product line?

AwesomelyNappy

thats awesome. will be looking for updates

how do you join focus groups for new products anyway? do you have to know the right people, or is there a place where you sign up?

laurend

Definitely keep us posted. What was the name of the company? Or if you can't tell us that is it brand new or an established corporation with a new product line?

They wouldn't tell us the name of the company. I think it's a large one.

laurend

thats awesome. will be looking for updates

how do you join focus groups for new products anyway? do you have to know the right people, or is there a place where you sign up?

Someone saw my hair on the street and asked me to participate.

lilsparkle825

tease much?? LOL

this is the type of stuff i am on the lookout for, the focus groups and free products. glad you enjoyed yourself.

kellistarr

Wow, that sounds exciting. Who knows, you may be asked for more participation. I'll be awaiting any updates in which you are able to reveal the product.