i need your help. should i just cut ?

coolsista-paris

hi to all. ive been so busy that i have not posted for some time.

i am again fed up of my hair. sometimes i love it (last month after henna treatment it was great)

sometimes i hate it. im à fine headed natural. 4 type.

i have finally reached apl but in the middle of my head (the nappiest part) it is like it is nl ! i had already trimmed,any i last dusted 3 months ago and i améliorer heading for bsl .

the middle part is so annoying when the rest looks good.do you think it is dammaged or the split ends are going up? should i just have à big cut or à mini chop (i really dont want to). or how else could i save this.

im so angry i might end up chopping after all this effort for fine natural 4 hair to reach apl, bsb almost

SimJam

when I was relaxed there was a section right at my crown that always broke off down to about 2 - 3 inches. It could always be covered up though

when I went natural I realized why this section always broke off - its a weird texture - has no curl pattern at all, and very coarse. Even now its a good 3 inches shorter than the rest of my hair. I just need to be EXTRA loving to it ... more moisture, less manipulation.

dont cut, just see if you can salvage it with some TLC

Last edited:

Miss*Tress

when I was relaxed there was a section right at my crown that always broke off down to about 2 - 3 inches. It could always be covered up though

when I went natural I realized why this section always broke off - its a weird texture - has no curl pattern at all, and very course. Even now its a good 3 inches shorter than the rest of my hair. I just need to be EXTRA loving to it ... more moisture, less manipulation.

I have the same issue with my crown. It seems the hair is more porous. Like SimJam, I recommend extra attention to that area with more moisturizer, gentle combing - maybe finger combing only, extra protection. Don't cut your hair to the same length as that section though if you want longer hair. The other areas will always grow faster or retain more growth than the crown. Bonne chance !

faithVA

I agreee with both previous posters. Its a waste to cut it even because you will end up back at this point. When you DC, spritz this area with water, add the conditioner and then break this section into smaller parts and work the conditioner into the hair section by section.

The crown can get easily dehydrated and the hair their suffers more. Try to moisturize that section daily. And add moisture to the scalp in that area as well.

You may also want to prepoo that section. Anything to give it more moisture.

Oh yeah, and definitely do scalp massages in that area to stimulate growth.

lamaria211

The mid top of my head is also the shortest and most coarse I just baby it using a lil extra moisturizer and dc in that area eventually it will catch up:)

reeko43

I have the same problem, it is very frustrating. It is hard to get a comb through it and it feels like brillo. It also matts very easily. That area shrinks more than the other ares. I try to keep it stretched. I worry that it is damaged and I have been tempted to cut all my hair as well. Right now I am trying to see if patience works.

coolsista-paris

thank you so much for your help ladies ! i was about to cut and even my whole head to the shortest lenght . i never pay extra attention to that difficult area . with all your advice im gonna start doing that for sure.
im beteween apl and bsl so i might have cried angry à week after.chopping

thanks for opening my eyes . 4 years after and i only hear that now. ive got lots more to learn.

reeko43

Anavrin, thank you! One day I will try to take a picture of the middle of my head. I have several textures of hair which makes it difficult to style sometimes other than in a puff pulled back with a head band. The hair at the crown stands out and doesn't blend. When I do a wash and go, the rest of my hair has some kind of curl pattern, the middle stays in a hard fuzz. I wish I could have a consistent texture, no matter what kind. But, I am learning to accept it the way it is and make the most of it.

alive

when I went natural I realized why this section always broke off - its a weird texture - has no curl pattern at all, and very coarse. Even now its a good 3 inches shorter than the rest of my hair. I just need to be EXTRA loving to it ... more moisture, less manipulation.

i agree with SimJam. unless there is actual visible damage (split ends, weak spots, heat damage, etc.) i think you should try to baby it back to health. i know it's frustrating but at least all your efforts to grow it out wont have been in vain

reeko43

thank you so much for your help ladies ! i was about to cut and even my whole head to the shortest lenght . i never pay extra attention to that difficult area . with all your advice im gonna start doing that for sure.
im beteween apl and bsl so i might have cried angry à week after.chopping

thanks for opening my eyes . 4 years after and i only hear that now. ive got lots more to learn.

I am glad you are not going to cut. A lot of people deal with this same issue and somehow make it work and you can too :yep:

coolsista-paris

reeko43 said:
I am glad you are not going to cut. A lot of people deal with this same issue and somehow make it work and you can too :yep:

thank you. i really didnt know that many people could have this issue. i feel more normal althought it is so fustrating to deal with it.

Anavrin

@Anavrin, thank you! One day I will try to take a picture of the middle of my head. I have several textures of hair which makes it difficult to style sometimes other than in a puff pulled back with a head band. The hair at the crown stands out and doesn't blend. When I do a wash and go, the rest of my hair has some kind of curl pattern, the middle stays in a hard fuzz. I wish I could have a consistent texture, no matter what kind. But, I am learning to accept it the way it is and make the most of it.

Same here. I think most ladies have that random patch of hair that kinda stands out. I have a huge 3ab patch, but the middle crown is tight 4a hair thats also difficult to get through.

Also, do you put henna in? Yours has a blue tint to it.