I Need A New Look!!

Kari107

I've been thinking about doing something different with my hair for my 20th birtday. I've had the same look for more than 5 years and it's getting boring fast. I've been thinking of getting layers. So basically my question is what are the pros and cons of having layers. Anyone whos checked out my fotki has seen I have THICK hair so I don't know if layers would work in my hair. Other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

FindingMe

aaahhhhh....but your hair is SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!:lick: I'm just trying to get where you are...

BUT...

I have layers and I am trying to grow them out since I have had them for a couple of years. I like layers bc they make sets look FABULOUS! It's like you really have a hair style and not just long hair. I think that's my main plus. The thing I don't like about layers is that you have to be careful bc whoever cuts them needs to really know how to do long layers bc you could end up with the last few inches of your hair thinner than you would like. In your case, I just think it would be thinner than you are used to, so you have to be careful. Personally, I think layers look better on thick hair for this very reason...

I am growing out my layers for that reason. I want my hair to be and appear thick all the way to the very ends. I want it blunt like yours. I think the grass will always be greener when talking about stuff like this.

Seriously, I think your hair is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO pretty just the way it is, but I can understand your need for a change after 5 years...:yep:

What about bangs?

Last edited:

Kari107

Thanks! I just checked out your fotki your hair looks great. Thanks for the reply. I have thought of bangs I had them in like junior high and they took a lot of work to maintain. I may give them another go now that I know how to properly take care of my hair.