New Job...New Hair

jadestar

Ladies--please help me. In a week I will be starting a new job with a small consulting firm (not as a consultant, though), that involves a high level of public visibility. I need a style that is sophisticated and low to average maintenance. My hair is currently relaxed and a little short of bra-strap length, with layers that have grown out and no color. I think that, generally, shorter cuts look more polished, but I have been growing out my hair for a few years and am hesitant to cut it short. I think a happy medium would be to have my layers recut for some definition and movement (keeping my length), maybe with long bangs. I really want a new look, and I find that when I let my layers grow out, my hair is just blah:(. Any suggestions on styles? Pics? Thanks!!!

lexi08

Hi, Your description sounds like the way I have my hair cut. My hair is collarbone length with layers and a long bangs (I have been letting the bangs grow out though). I think this is a great style and very versatile. I would suggest a blunt cut, but I that that is kind of boring too. I wore my hair blunt cut with bangs for years, then I let the bangs grow out, but keep the blunt cut. Several years ago I started to get layers cut into my hair and I like the style alot because I have that extra movement. I believe that the key to a polished professsional hairstyle whether your hair is long or short is to to keep the hair neatly styled and to trim/cut when necessary(especially if you wear your hair down everyday) so that the style stays fresh looking all the time. Good luck on your new job and keep us posted.

jadestar

nikki1971 said:
I believe that the key to a polished professsional hairstyle whether your hair is long or short is to to keep the hair neatly styled and to trim/cut when necessary(especially if you wear your hair down everyday) so that the style stays fresh looking all the time.

Thanks, that's very true!!

SouthernGirl

Congrats on your new job :clap:

I'm in the same boat- starting my new position next week. I've got that "new do" bug myself- seriously thinking about updating my look with bangs, but I just can't decide.

Anyhoo, I would not recommend a drastic cut for you. If you like layers, just trim them up a bit. Personally, there's nothing more professional/sophisticated for the career gal than the shoulder-length bob. You won't lose much length, but your hair will be nice and uniform (with front and sides also left long). As most people on this board know, I am HUGE fan of the blunt bob. Many think you don't have options with the style, but you really can do a lot with it- including a nice flip.

Best wishes to you, and I hope you get some great feedback.

SG