I love Aveda Elixir!!!

zzirvingj

I added 1 part Aveda Elixir/1 part water and a few drops of olive oil to my spray bottle to use as a daily moisturizer and it is working just LOVELY for me!

Then again, I kinda expected it be this way cause Aveda Elixir always leaves my hair sooo soft. I just wish it was a lil cheaper ;) :cool: :)

atlien11

I use this as a detangler when i take my cornrows down and as a braid spray. Instead of using olive oil, I have added a little bit of Aubrey Organics Mandarin Magic Ginkgo Leaf & Ginseng Root Hair Moisturizing Jelly. Its basically aloe with some goodies in it :) I love the Aveda scent!

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
I love the way it makes my hair feels after drying. My hair feels so soft, light, and air-y.

MizaniMami

shunta said:
Wow, Im surprised MizaniMami hasnt come up in here since she's the Queen of Aveda!:lol:

I was JUST gonna type up in here.

Isis, this does have protein, too much for my hair. But that's just my experience. My hair didn't like this.:perplexed But I do appreciate the fact that it is very concentrated and you only need a small amount.

Tee

This is the last thing I need to do. Go back to Aveda and spend more money. lol BUT, what does this one look like or what is the full name? I dont see it on the site.

shawniegee

New Cut for '09
I've been on an Aveda kick since my daughter's stylist recommended it for her hair. I already was debating on buying this. Sounds like I need this for both of us.

Ebonygurl00

MizaniMami said:
I was JUST gonna type up in here.

Isis, this does have protein, too much for my hair. But that's just my experience. My hair didn't like this.:perplexed But I do appreciate the fact that it is very concentrated and you only need a small amount.

Oh, thank GOD my hair doesn't like tons of protein!! I can't spend anymore money.:(

MizaniMami

Letitia said:
This is the last thing I need to do. Go back to Aveda and spend more money. lol BUT, what does this one look like or what is the full name? I dont see it on the site.

Aveda Elixir Leave-On Conditioner, It cost about 9 bucks

Here are the ingredients:

Purified Water, Peppermint Extract, Lavender Extract, Rosemary Extract, Aloe Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone Copolyol, Polysorbate 20, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Olealkonium Chloride, Glycerin, Wheat Amino Acids, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Panthenol, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydroxypropyl Guar, Tocopherol, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Fragrance, Oryzanol, Citric Acid, Diazolidinyl Urea

Tee

MizaniMami said:
Aveda Elixir Leave-On Conditioner, It cost about 9 bucks

Here are the ingredients:

Purified Water, Peppermint Extract, Lavender Extract, Rosemary Extract, Aloe Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone Copolyol, Polysorbate 20, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Olealkonium Chloride, Glycerin, Wheat Amino Acids, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Panthenol, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydroxypropyl Guar, Tocopherol, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Fragrance, Oryzanol, Citric Acid, Diazolidinyl Urea

Thanks so much Mizani!! Good looking out.

newslady

it works so well when you use ALL AVEDA products.
think i'm gonna try it this weekend in my first attempt at a wash & go.
i'll do my DR line followed with the elixir and maybe some gel, then just scrunch, scrunch, scrunch!

skoloco

I've been using this as a leave in for years! It seems to be working a lot better since I've become educated about my hair and balance between moisture and protein. I love this stuff! I use it twice a day on my ends and seal with botanical oil. I also mix it 50-50 with Profectiv Break-free and it is fabulous on wet just washed hair!!

I have some in my bathroom that I've hardly use. Will give it another
try, this time sealing the ends with oil. Maybe I'll like it better or maybe
my hair doesn't like protein.

Still trying to figure it out.

CurleeDST

It works great with Be Curly for those who are natural. Just mix the two in your hand, rub together, run through your hair and SCRUNCH SCRUNCH SCRUNCH!

newslady said:
it works so well when you use ALL AVEDA products.
think i'm gonna try it this weekend in my first attempt at a wash & go.
i'll do my DR line followed with the elixir and maybe some gel, then just scrunch, scrunch, scrunch!

peacelove

do they sell this at aveda still? I am just wondering why it isn't on the site.

OH - I just found it in the "ALMOST GONE" section, so I guess they are discontinuing it. Oh no - going to Aveda tomorrow!

chayil0427

Oooooooooooooh y'aaaaaaaaaaaaaall u makin me wanna ride this Aveda wagon hard core. I think I'm gonna peep the store out tomorrow. Perhaps I should leave my debit card at home. :lol: Cause I know, "I'm just looking" is gonna go right out the window.

Chayil

CurleeDST

I went to the site and finally found it under the "Almost Gone" tab. Sounds like they are discontinuing it. Luckily for me I have a big bottle and small bottle at the house that still has product in it. I may go in and purchase another big bottle and call it a day.

Someone should call Aveda and find out for sure.

peacelove said:
do they sell this at aveda still? I am just wondering why it isn't on the site.

OH - I just found it in the "ALMOST GONE" section, so I guess they are discontinuing it. Oh no - going to Aveda tomorrow!