CAN AVEDA ELIXIR BE USED ON THE SCALP?

knottyaaverage

i've been reading the back of my Elixir bottle and all of the ingredients are soooo good and natural. i am so tempted to massage it into my scalp. it does have one ingredient listed 7th called dimethicone copolyol, which i just noticed and am about to google. but the other one that i thought was harmful called: Behentrimonium Methosulfate, i googled and found this: "Behentrimonium methosulfate is the mildest hair-detangling ingredient available. It is made from non-genetically modified rapeseed oil. This scientifically sophisticated ingredient is renowned for its superior detangling ability, without causing build-up on the hair. Unlike other hair detanglers, which are known for their irritancy, behentrimonium methosulfate is extremely mild, being recommended for use in baby products which are left on the skin. It is superior in effectiveness and mildness to it's commonly used cheaper cousin, behentrimonium chloride. It is not a sulfate."

i was about to go ahead a mix some coconut and olive oil in a nozzle bottle, but read that coconut oil has alot of calcium deposits so i kind of dont want to use it on my scalp. do u guys think elixir is safe for the scalp?

Back