I Just Cheated On Creme of Nature...And Im Glad I Did...Ayurveda Rules!

I talked to numerous Indian women and they do NOT condition after they wash. They condition with the oils before they wash. I see why, my hair felt so soft after I washed with the Shikakai powder. I prepooed with a commercial coconut amla oil and now I finally have the real stuff. I can't wait to use it. I don't know if I can give up conditioner though:ohwell:

Yeah I dont think I can either. Ill stick to my Creme of Nature Moisturizing and Conditioning Conditioner.

It should lather up just like any other soap bar. Next time try rubbing it in your hands first then putting it in your hair. I just rubbed it on my hair but maybe rubbing it in your hands first. Was your hair really tangled at first?

Yep, that's what I do. I love the Shikakai bars. I still have several that I've kept since last year. Honestly, I don't know why I stopped using Ayurveda products. I guess jumping on bandwagons and not giving it enough time to work led me to give up.

Honestly should try the Alma/Shikakai/Reetha shampoo. After pre-pooing with shikakai, alma and coconut oils, I washed with this:

Amla_Shikakai_Shampoo_With_Rita.jpg

Then, did another wash using Gro-Aut's jojoba/rosemary Ayurveda shampoo. Then deep conditioned with silicon mix/leKair. Rinsed, applied leave-ins, sealed with maha/bhringraj oils. The shampoo above has added conditioners and I'm thinking that that's why it makes my hair so soft.

My experiment: I will incorporate Blosssom's idea of boiling water, adding it to 1 teaspoon of alma/1 teaspoon of shikakai powders or how ever much you want to add. Then adding the above shampoo and seeing if that works any. I'll do this experiment *after* my relaxer...;)

I currently only use Aveda DR for my hair. Is it worth stopping that to try Ayurveda products? Where can I order these online? What's the regimen like?

I will *always* love AVEDA!! ALWAYS!!!! :yep:

However, AVEDA is breaking my bank account. With the Ayurveda, you get the quality, most natural products that are DIRT CHEAP!! Proven remedies for health and growth. And henna is a gem. I don't do it as often but I need to for health and thickening properties. ;)

In DC I dont know but in maryland Langley Park (Spanish town they say) is a one stop shop for anything foreign.:yep:

Pretty, I go to the Jasmine Bazaar in Takoma Park on Univ. Blvd right before you get to the Crossroads (New Hampshire/Univ. Blvd exchange). The market is right beside the Tiffin Restaurant in a small strip mall.

1335 University Blvd E Takoma Park, MD

This place is the best!!! ;)

Pretty, I go to the Jasmine Bazaar in Takoma Park on Univ. Blvd right before you get to the Crossroads (New Hampshire/Univ. Blvd exchange). The market is right beside the Tiffin Restaurant in a small strip mall.

1335 University Blvd E Takoma Park, MD

This place is the best!!! ;)

That was like GPS directions there :lachen:

J/K, anyway, I guess they are getting used to seeing more black women walking up in there. I was wondering why they werent trying to figure out why I am in there all the time. I guess they already know why.

You can get the shikakai bar from BillyJ but right now she isn't taking any orders from her site b/c she's on a medical leave. She says she can handles small stuff so you can contact by email at [email protected] and she will get back with you. Also if you want more info on ayurveda you can check out her site and forum at hairveda.net

tresemmme has a great conditioner - its up there with Keracare Humecto

its the one valled vitamin b5 - moisturzing conditioner

its thick like humecto in-a-tub and very moisturizing

I'll have to try this. Anything that's up there with Keracare Humecto gets my attention, and I know it will cost a lot less. :woot: I have type 4 a/b hair, so I'm wondering if it detangles well.

Any comments anyone?

Last edited:
Back