I got my best curls ever using cholesterol! ~Pics~

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
hey Pocahontas i bought it last night and tried it this am. i have been playing with my hair all day because you are right its hard to keep my hands out of it because the product makes its super soft and look the curls are still there after 14 hours! :grin: thanks so much for the good tip.:yawn:
Your curls look great! They look so silky soft. Did you apply using the curlisto method?

I've played in my hair so much, lol.....but it's still holding up good, I'm on day 6 I think so this is great. I've been doing a pineapple at night to sleep and covering with bonnet.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Your results are great also. Now, ya'll know I don't like impulses purchases and ya'll are tempting me.
It's only 2 bucks girl....go ahead and get it.:grin:

At least you know that if you don't like it as a leave-in you could always use it as a deep conditioner:yep:.

Ivy Santolina

Hmmmm... I'm thinking about adding this to my Things to Buy list.

Okay, there's a reason I'm in the No Buy Challenge. I found a brand new jar in my stash so I took it off my Things to Buy list.

I did try this last night after a co-wash in place of my beloved Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream. Lustrasilk Cholesterol is now a staple. It softened my multi-textured texlaxed/jaxlaxed hair like the Cetaphil plus it defined my curls. The Cetaphil doesn't define the curls I have. I still can't wear a wash-n-go but I was able to wear a braid out with this stuff in my hair. My hair was still wet this morning and the Lustrasilk kept it from frizzing while it dried. I couldn't keep my hands out of my hair so it was a tad frizzy when I got home. However, my hair was still presentable to the public.

Thanks Poka for posting this thread.

Allandra

hey Pocahontas i bought it last night and tried it this am. i have been playing with my hair all day because you are right its hard to keep my hands out of it because the product makes its super soft and look the curls are still there after 14 hours! :grin: thanks so much for the good tip.:yawn:
Your hair looks great too.

AtlantaJJ

:arrowup: I have been enjoying the benefits of this new found miracle all week!! It's amazing how it totally tames frizz! And it's so soft...

It costs $2.00 for a big jar at Walmart!!

lnana04

I'm going to try using this exact brand of cholestrol and see if that makes a difference in my future results. I do like the idea of this method...just gotta do a little tweaking lol.

AtlantaJJ

Very pretty. You definitely have my dream hair, especially the length. I can't wait until my hair, with shrinkage, falls at that length (though I'll probably have to be knee length or something, lol).
Your hair is fabulous! I'm with you in the shrinkage camp :grin:

Allandra

Your curls look great! They look so silky soft. Did you apply using the curlisto method?

I've played in my hair so much, lol.....but it's still holding up good, I'm on day 6 I think so this is great. I've been doing a pineapple at night to sleep and covering with bonnet.
Day 6? Wow! I'm impressed. Watch this stuff be sold out every where (thanks to our good ole LHCF members). :yep:

Lyoness

I remember trying this product when I was relaxed and it did nothing.. seeing your results makes me want to give it another go!! Your hair looks soooo pretty!!

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I remember trying this product when I was relaxed and it did nothing.. seeing your results makes me want to give it another go!! Your hair looks soooo pretty!!
Yeah, if you were going for the curly look I don't think it would do much for relaxed hair.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
do you guys do the diffusing part of the curlisto method
Since it's still cool where I am I diffuse to get the bulk of the wetness out of my hair. I can't stand cold soaking wet hair touching me, yuck. When it warms up I won't even bother with diffusing.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Day 6? Wow! I'm impressed. Watch this stuff be sold out every where (thanks to our good ole LHCF members). :yep:
Yes I made it to day 6 still looking presentable. Today will be wash day so well see how that goes.

Yall betta not buy up all my cholesterol
!

*running to nearest bss to stock up*:grin:

Dove56

Yes I made it to day 6 still looking presentable. Today will be wash day so well see how that goes.

Yall betta not buy up all my cholesterol
!

*running to nearest bss to stock up*:grin:

I bought some a few days ago Poka. I'm relaxed now but still curly (from 3c to 2b/3a). I'm sitting under my dryer with this as a deep, moisturizing conditioner and my hair LOVED it as soon as I put it on. This makes very pretty curls in my relaxed hair!:yep:

GoingNatural

Poka...you just gave me a hairgasm. My hair looks like yours again! It's not totally dry yet, but so far no frish and my curls aren't becoming loose. I wish I had a camera right now. thanks for not findng something expensive for me to fall in love with...$2 is right in the budget.

this is definitely a STAPLE!

i think you just saved my hair :)

pinkchocolatedaisy

Idk what took me so long to get in here, I've been up in here several times.......LOVE your hair always, anyway but you DID indeed get beautiful results here! :yep: I even had DH take me to Sallys the other day so I could buy some. I tried it and I loved the results. Mine came out a little frizzy though, so I think I either didn't use enough product or I kept touching my hair :blush: or maybe a combination of both........

anyways, thanks for sharing b/c I LOVE this product and it smells soooooo yummy! :grin:

pinkchocolatedaisy

Oh, you have beautiful hair too!

Poka...you just gave me a hairgasm. My hair looks like yours again! It's not totally dry yet, but so far no frish and my curls aren't becoming loose. I wish I had a camera right now. thanks for not findng something expensive for me to fall in love with...$2 is right in the budget.

mariofmagdal

I got mine today! I am going to try it out in the morning. Thanks for the tip/link to Curlisto method. I will be trying that as well, minus diffusing. Hoping for the same great results. :yep:

Adaoba2012

OMG I just bought this brand of chloesterol last week and then I spiral curled my hair and it came out soooo good! I didnt use it as a leave in but I used it to cowash and my curls held really well and they were bouncy and beautiful! I wish I had taken some pics but I didnt...I would definitely recommend to everyone!

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I bought some a few days ago Poka. I'm relaxed now but still curly (from 3c to 2b/3a). I'm sitting under my dryer with this as a deep, moisturizing conditioner and my hair LOVED it as soon as I put it on. This makes very pretty curls in my relaxed hair!:yep:

That's great! My relaxed hair was still curly too.

Very pretty .... so you are leaving the Cholesterol in your hair and not washing out?

Yes, leaving it in.

:grin:Hey hair twin! I'm so glad it worked out. What did you mean about your curls becoming loose? Were you loosing curl with certain products?

I'm gonna try to take a pic today....I used the cholesterol for the second time and it wasn't a fluke but my results were a little different. My wash n' go's vary so much it's frustrating. This time I got more shrinkage for some reason:perplexed, and my curls are a little more stiffer.....I pretty sure this is because I used too much cholesterol (i'm so heavy handed!) and I used a lot of Pantene mousse. I need to skip that mousse next time. I always gotta be messing with something:wallbash:.

I got mine today! I am going to try it out in the morning. Thanks for the tip/link to Curlisto method. I will be trying that as well, minus diffusing. Hoping for the same great results. :yep:

You're welcome! Curlisto is great. Let us know your results.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Second use of cholesterol. So it wasn't a fluke....yayyy!!!

The rest of the pics will be in my fotki.

Last edited:

Tinkerbell19

thanks :grin: and nope when i do wash n go's i dont use any methods i just add a moisturizer (usually hawaiian silky 14 n 1 or ganier leave in ) then i just fluff alittle with my hands and let it dry. i have never used a diffuser etc

Rain20

Please explain how this works. Is it only for thick hair? It seems as most conditioners left in my hair make it dull and coated. How much are you leaving in? Are you adding any oils for shine?
Rain20

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Please explain how this works. Is it only for thick hair? It seems as most conditioners left in my hair make it dull and coated. How much are you leaving in? Are you adding any oils for shine?
Rain20
I coulda swore I answered your question already, sorry.

No it can be for any hair. I left in a lot (I'm very heavy handed). I used oil for shine after my hair was dry.