I got my best curls ever using cholesterol! ~Pics~

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
So I saw on CurlyNikki's blog that she uses Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol for her twist n' curls sometimes. I decided to try it on my wash n' go. My expectations weren't too high but boy did the results blow me out of the water! My curls are so touchably soft, super moisturized AND have great definition!​

Normally I have to use some type of product with hold in order to get definition which means crunchy, sticky hair but this time all I needed was the cholesterol and I used a small amount of ecostyler on my nape curls because they are hard to tame.....other than that just the cholesterol. I'm definitely gonna stick with this stuff:yep:. I just hope this wasn't a fluke, lol.​

<-------cheap, only like $2 and something.​

I applied in sections starting at the nape using the Curlisto method. Then I went back through and defined the curls with my fingers and more product if needed.​

The rest of the pics will be in my fotki.​

Second use of cholesterol pics on Page 8.....I might just like it even better the second time.

Last edited:

Lynnerie

Thanks for sharing! Your hair looks very beautiful! I'm gonna try this for my wash n go's and give my hair a break from gels.

MummysGirl

Pretty!!!!

Since I started reading Curly Nikki's blog, I've been reminding myself to buy this and keep in my "When I'm natural" stash.

Beautiful results!!!!

empressri

pretty!!! i used that with some hello hydration as a leave in a few weeks ago and my hair was soft! it got frizzy cause it was too soft but the hurr felt great.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
pretty!!! i used that with some hello hydration as a leave in a few weeks ago and my hair was soft! it got frizzy cause it was too soft but the hurr felt great.
Normally I use Hello Hydration as well but it never works out like this. It usually ends up very frizzy at the end of the day but all of these pics were at the end of the day and it's still not frizzy. I had my hands all up in my hair too.....I just couldn't keep them out:lick:. I was walking around swinging my head when no one was looking:look:.

Rei

wow, gorgeous! I wish that worked as well on my hair. I have some in my hair right now, but I have to mix all sorts of things to it to make it do anything. I usually use it when I'm running low on HSR for more spreading power. I think i'll try curlynikki's version of twist and curl tonight after i blowdry

imstush

:yep:Very pretty. I switched back and forth from her blog and HoneyBrownSugar's blog this weekend and wound up doing the same exact thing with my oldie and goodie pantene. Going to try the cholesterol since for some reason I love the smell.

lsw29

This product created the best twist-out I have ever had. I can't wait to see what it does for my wash and go. BTW, your hair looks very nice.

newflowers

Your curls look great - this product seemed to make more spirals instead of the zig-zaggy curls. As I understand your post, you used it as a leave-in. Is that correct? Do you like this much better than the Beyond the Zone Noodle Head?