I got my best curls ever using cholesterol! ~Pics~

mariofmagdal

Update: I have been using these as conditioners. The cholesterol/Aloe is great for detangling in the shower. The shea butter triple action I have been using as a leave in. I love the sofness. Recently I picked up two bottles in the liquid form, they are easier on the heavy-handedness. Thanks again POKA for bringing this to my attention.

Last edited:

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Bump. Poka did you try the TNC with it?
I texlaxed the other day (couldnt take the tight shrinkage anymore) and tried a Lustrasilk WNG last night before going out. The intention was to DC with it. But as I was applying it to do the DC I started styling it. And the style was looking way moisturized and curls were poppin.... so I ended up not doing a DC with a cap, but leaving my style in and going out like that. I am REALLY DIGGIN IT on my texlaxed hair. I am very heavy handed and have been trying to figure out how to NOT use gel (the texlax helped with that) and this is an awesome gel replacement.

If you need just your edges slicked down, THIS WILL DO IT. The ONLY thing in my hair was the Lustrasilk (the same one shown on page one of this thread). My Lustrasilk WNG is my avi.. might be too small to see though
I did. It turned out great. http://public.fotki.com/Pokahontas/2009/twist-n-curl/

venusd

Your hair looks great! I love this stuff, it's the best and for $2.49ish. I put it in a spray bottle with olive oil and some rosewater, and spray all over and put a plastic cap overnight. Wonderful Dahling!

SimplyBlessed

It is soooo crazy that u bring up this product!! I've been using it for my dc on wash days (which isn't long bc i'm new to the hair game), but every time I put it on i'm like omg my curls look sooooo pretty :spinning:...N i'm always like I wish I could leave this stuff in n that I would def be able to pull off a wash n go...I guess I'll just add a dab and leave it in b/c it is kinda thick on my thin hair...

Thanks I never thought of leaving it in....

silvergirl

im not a product junkie in the least.... not at all but i may have to try this. i used to use cholestorol back in the day and i liked it back then. Your curls look great! :)

CaliDiamond

I think that this is the best one that Lustrasilk makes. I have this and it is fabulous with a heat cap or under the dryer.

lilsparkle825

This was my HG DC when I first joined LHCF. I might have to go back to it...I do remember leaving it in my hair overnight one evening and I had really defined curls the next morning.

LcS18

Everyone's results seem so great.. I COULDN'T RESIST:grin:...lol picked this up on my way home... off to wash and try out a twist n curl!!! Hope my results are as great as everyone elses!!!

Either way, THANKS Pokahontas!!!!!! Your hair is beautiful!!!!!

a_shoe_6307

People be sleeping on using conditioner for defining curls, but it does work. That's how I do mine. It also works with more than just this conditioner. I use Aussie Moist Conditioner, Organix Coconut Milk Conditioner, and Giovanni 50 50 Conditioner. I mainly use the Organix and Giovanni because they are organic products.