I finally found the perfect product for wash n'go's!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad it worked for all of you, cause I tried it earlier in the summer and it did nothing for me. then i tried it again today and my results still weren't impressive. maybe its my technique :ohwell:

vivadiva85 said:
I'm glad it worked for all of you, cause I tried it earlier in the summer and it did nothing for me. then i tried it again today and my results still weren't impressive. maybe its my technique :ohwell:
What is your technique? Are you relaxed?

For relaxed heads using it, I should mention that it is imperative for me to set my hair in a braidout to help create curls, along with setting the ends on rollers. My relaxed hair will not just create curls without help. The Noodlhead then helps set the curl, create texture, definition and shine. :grin:

^^^^ cosigning for one of my under-the-bathroom-cabinet products!!

i've had almost a full bottle of this stuff since june....for wash n goes, didn't do nuttin but make a mess - i think cause there's just too much transitioning stuff going on...

anyway. i did a braidout on my rollerset/flatironned root experiment and OMG, no frizz or pouf at all!! And my hair is sooooooooooo soft!

so i used it before braiding up my hair for a braid out, loosed the naps and i really liked what i saw.

gonna have to try this with regular freshly done braidout set and see what happens.

edited for bad grammar after a long night ;)

Last edited:
Priestess said:
For relaxed heads using it, I should mention that it is imperative for me to set my hair in a braidout to help create curls, along with setting the ends on rollers. My relaxed hair will not just create curls without help. The Noodlhead then helps set the curl, create texture, definition and shine. :grin:

Cosign. I tried it on my relaxed hair for a braidout, and it really did help to define the curls/waves. My braidout sucked, but that's because my hair is short and layered, and I cannot braid:lol: . But the product itself worked!

I LOVE this product I wouldn't have known about it if it wasn't for this thread a while back and since I got myself a bottle and did a braid out with it, I am sure it would even work with a complete wash and go but I don't like wearing my hair out wet when its getting cold out, anyway it did a nice job defining my curls I only needed 3 large braids and I was left with nice ringlets of curls, I've been wearing my hair like this all week (washed it sat) and its not as tangled as it usually is with just oil, it also still looks good so it’s a definite keeper

I am still in love with the cream product too. And one tube lasts a very long time. Definately a keeper.

The spray didn't work too well for me, made my hair sticky, but a little SSF spray on my hands and rubbed in gave incredible shine.

Softresses

preciousjewel76 said:
Cosign. I tried it on my relaxed hair for a braidout, and it really did help to define the curls/waves. My braidout sucked, but that's because my hair is short and layered, and I cannot braid:lol: . But the product itself worked!
Don't feel bad, my braid-out was awful w/ noodlehead. But then again my braid-outs are always awful. I didn't buy it for braid-outs though so I'm still extremely happy with it!!

It's weird though because I did some twists in the back and they came out so pretty. I think I'll do my whole head as soon as I get my nerve up.

Softresses said:
I am still in love with the cream product too. And one tube lasts a very long time. Definately a keeper.

The spray didn't work too well for me, made my hair sticky, but a little SSF spray on my hands and rubbed in gave incredible shine.

Softresses
I'm glad I didn't get the spray then. I sure did have it in my hands several times though, lol.

I love to experiment with products and Noodlehead is no exception. The tube says to apply to damp hair, I wondered if the product would also work on dry hair too. On clean hair, a few days post wash, I put a little bit on my ends and length for shine and to smooth the hair, and then set my hair in bantus for the night. This stuff is amazing!! It has an incredible slippery texture, yet it just kinda melts in the hair and makes it look better, I don't know how to explain it. The next morning, when I took down the bantus, my hair had a nice texture and wave, and the appearance that I hadn't put anything in my hair, like my hair was freshly washed and styled (several days later.) :look:

Right now, Noodlehead and Stiff Head are my 2 favorite styling products right now. Yay Beyond the Zone! :yep:

Pokahontas said:
I was reading a lot of reviews on Beyond The Zone Noodlehead on other forums and I just tried it yesterday.....man was I impressed
d094.gif
g094.gif
!!!! This stuff is awsome. My search is definitely over for the perfect curl product. I'm singing the praises of Noodlehead
e050.gif
! This one product provides me with everything I need.....curl definition that isn't crunchy, it dosen't leave my hair weighted down, and did I say zero frizz? Yes, I had zero frizz when I used this product and that just dosen't happen for my hair. My hair looked like I had set it on rods. Also, the shine I got was amazing. I've never gotten shine from any curl product before. I didn't have to use any other products with this, no gels, no mousse, puddings, nothing. Just wanted to pass the word along;) . Oh, and I do have some pics of how my hair came out.
Your hair is beautiful!!! I'm glad you got the right product to make those perfect curls :)

Pokahontas said:
Thanks dear :).

Okay, this summer Noodlehead did not work for me. But since I am trying to use up junk from my summer PJ blitz, I tried it again. Well, when it's not an inferno outside, this stuff rocks!

Thanks for the information. Your hair is beautiful. Can't wait to try this on both my hair and my daughters. Ladies don't forget Sally's is having a buy two get one free sale, I think for the month of December.

Thanks for the review Pokahontas! I tried it on my daughter's hair today and loved the results! Her curls formed and stayed nicely. Tonight for the first time I was able to braid her hair in large sections without it being wet for bed. Liked the feel of it in my hair too but I haven't taken the bands down yet. What moisturizer if any do you ladies put on before using it?

faithful said:
Thanks for the review Pokahontas! I tried it on my daughter's hair today and loved the results! Her curls formed and stayed nicely. Tonight for the first time I was able to braid her hair in large sections without it being wet for bed. Liked the feel of it in my hair too but I haven't taken the bands down yet. What moisturizer if any do you ladies put on before using it?
That's great and you're welcome!! I know your daughter's hair came out beautiful. Thanks for letting us know the results!

I don't really use a moisturizer before using it but sometimes I'll use a tad bit of Elucence MB or Giovanni Direct. The reason why I don't use much is because I don't like to use a lot of product when doing wng's because my hair takes forever to dry.

dynamic1 said:
Okay, this summer Noodlehead did not work for me. But since I am trying to use up junk from my summer PJ blitz, I tried it again. Well, when it's not an inferno outside, this stuff rocks!
Cool, I'm glad it works for you now. Yeah, inferno's can mess things up a bit sometimes as far as hair goes.

I'm def gonna try this. ONE QUESTION though..how do you maintain your wash and gos? I hate to keep rewetting my hair, especially in cold weather.

Innocent_Kiss said:
I'm def gonna try this. ONE QUESTION though..how do you maintain your wash and gos? I hate to keep rewetting my hair, especially in cold weather.
That's my only problem. I have to re-wet my hair and it's just too cold for me to do that now. I usually stick to doing wng's in the warmer months. The best way I've found to maintain it is to pin it back w/ duckbill clips into a low puff, then cover w/ a silk scarf. In the morning all I do is take the clips out and shake the curls out. It works perfect like this but after a few days I have to re-wet. HTH.

i had recently tried the noodle head cream and it didn't work for me my hair looked dried out. i had banded my hair in a ponytail but before i put it in a ponytail i had combed it out maybe i shouldn't have comb it out, but oh well i had returned it. maybe one day next year i'll buy it again and try it for twistouts and braidouts.

I tried beyond the Zone Noodle head curly cream yesterday on a wash n go. It works!! It made my natural 4a hair curls pop. It's a keeper!! Thanks Pokahontas.

OK Pokahates this is allll your fault I went to Sally's a mini splurged since everyone's raving about BTZ I got some.
here's what I got, I'll be using them since I'm taking my hair down in a week or so.

BTZ Noodlehead (the store manager said that curlies are buying this up like it's crazy, and it works)
140722.jpg

BTZ Straight Shot
140658.jpg

BTZ STiff Head
140106.jpg

and my fav from before:
Proclaim Aloe and Shea Conditioner
631472.jpg

Lucia said:
OK Pokahates this is allll your fault I went to Sally's a mini splurged since everyone's raving about BTZ I got some.
here's what I got, I'll be using them since I'm taking my hair down in a week or so.

BTZ Noodlehead (the store manager said that curlies are buying this up like it's crazy, and it works)
140722.jpg

BTZ Straight Shot
140658.jpg

BTZ STiff Head
140106.jpg

and my fav from before:
Proclaim Aloe and Shea Conditioner
631472.jpg

:lachen: I'm sorry Lucia. I just had to let yall know about this one cuz it really does work. Let me know how it works out and also how the Straight Shot is.....I was seriously eyeing that one. I know, I need help:lol: .

Softresses said:
Good Morning everybody, what does the straight shot do? It looks very interesting...:eyebrows2

Softresses
Straight shot Kill the kinks that's the full title, to smooth out the hair for straight styles, I'll figure it out. I'm going to try all of these to see if they work up front. I usually don't buy many new products but this was calling me esp after the great raves about it.

Pokahontas said:
:lachen: I'm sorry Lucia. I just had to let yall know about this one cuz it really does work. Let me know how it works out and also how the Straight Shot is.....I was seriously eyeing that one. I know, I need help:lol: .
Hey I've been good all year I can afford a mini splurge now and then right. I'll review all of these in my fokti after I give them a test run. I've pretty much got my staples down, but I haven't found the right wash and go products yet, we'll see if this works.

Back