I Feel Like I Cant Get To My Scalp Like I Want To

pookaloo83

When I wash my hair, I feel like my scalp is never 100% clean. If I scratch my scalp with my nails, I get white gunk under them. I don't use a lot of products.

I find myself washing 2-3 times to get my scalp clean. I think I may change shampoos. Idk.

Sent From My Pheauxne

golden_goddess

try applying the shampoo to your roots with an applicator bottle. also adding a little bit of water in with the shampoo helps it lather better.

pookaloo83

golden_goddess said:
try applying the shampoo to your roots with an applicator bottle. also adding a little bit of water in with the shampoo helps it lather better.

I used to do this. But lost my applicator bottle. Also i never could figure out how much shampoo to how much water. It was always diluted too much and never seemed to lather.

Sent From My Pheauxne

EnExitStageLeft

I use to have the same problem. The applicator bottle is a really good idea, however I'm extremely hair lazy and didn't (and still don't :ohwell:) feel like transferring the product over and diluting. So I just wash my hair in sections now. This way I can concentrate on an area as thoroughly as I need to. I'm not sure if you already do this or not, but if not you should def. give it a try.

HTH!:)

FoxxyLocs

I'm the same way. Sometimes I just want to shave my head bald so I can see my scalp. I wash in sections w/gloves on and that helps. I also sit down in the shower so I can take my time with each section.

Nonie

pookaloo83, what if you didn't dilute your shampoo and washed in sections? Try Giovanni 50:50. If your hair is in braids and you undid one, then used fingers to part hair and apply shampoo to scalp using fingers the same way pple used to grease scalp, and you did this while hair is dry. Then rebraided the section so hair does not tangle while you work on another braid section. If you rebraid loosely after applying shampoo to scalp, when you wet hair you will be able to feel through the base of your braids to your scalp for a good massage. Yes you apply first before you wet your hair. Because shampoo was applied thoroughly undiluted, its cleaning power will be good and all inches of scalp will be covered for a thorough cleaning And if you used a good shampoo like Giovanni, your scalp should be squeaky clean.

Access to my scalp is pretty easy coz I am in mini twists, but when my hair is loose, washing in braids seems to give me easy access to my scalp.

Flawlis1

I use Neutrogena anti residue shampoo. Wet your hair really well and lather the shampoo in your hands first before applying it to your scalp/hair. Massage firmly with your finger pads, not your nails.

majinbuu252

Same here. I find that it gets cleaner when I rinse my hair & scalp first then massage my scalp with shampoo.

pookaloo83

EnExitStageLeft said:
I use to have the same problem. The applicator bottle is a really good idea, however I'm extremely hair lazy and didn't (and still don't :ohwell:) feel like transferring the product over and diluting. So I just wash my hair in sections now. This way I can concentrate on an area as thoroughly as I need to. I'm not sure if you already do this or not, but if not you should def. give it a try.

HTH!:)

Yes I wash in 4 sections. I had to do it that way to make sure each section was clean.

Sent From My Pheauxne

pookaloo83

Nonie said:
pookaloo83, what if you didn't dilute your shampoo and washed in sections? Try Giovanni 50:50. If your hair is in braids and you undid one, then used fingers to part hair and apply shampoo to scalp using fingers the same way pple used to grease scalp, and you did this while hair is dry. Then rebraided the section so hair does not tangle while you work on another braid section. If you rebraid loosely after applying shampoo to scalp, when you wet hair you will be able to feel through the base of your braids to your scalp for a good massage. Yes you apply first before you wet your hair. Because shampoo was applied thoroughly undiluted, its cleaning power will be good and all inches of scalp will be covered for a thorough cleaning And if you used a good shampoo like Giovanni, your scalp should be squeaky clean.

Access to my scalp is pretty easy coz I am in mini twists, but when my hair is loose, washing in braids seems to give me easy access to my scalp.

Yeah I use Giovanni shampoo. I'll try this method too.

Sent From My Pheauxne