Clarifiers effect on Scalp?

tc_333

I alternate between using the Nioxin Bionutrient Cleanser and the Creme of Nature Ultra Moisturizing Shampoo. But now I'm wondering if I should also try a clarifying shampoo on a monthly basis. My scalp just doesn't feel clean sometimes.....after shampoo, I gently scratch my scalp (because of an itch) and I can see soapy gunk under my nails; even though I rinse well, and sometimes gently use my nails when shampooing in hopes of getting my scalp clean. However, I only shampoo once, I never repeat the process.

I thought that by switching up on the too shampoos, that one of them would act as a clarifier. But maybe I just need to do 2 shampoo application???

Clueless!

I also have a very dry scalp (which is why I only shampoo once). This has been greatly helped by massaging with a bit of jojoba oil every other night and by taking a tablespoon of oil once or twice a day. My scalp problems initiated when after 2 years of texturing twice a year, I started perming every 2 months. In fact, after my very first application of the perm (a kiddie perm, no-lye, I liked to see the indicator turn from pink to white!), I had really bad flaking. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

pebbles

Hi tc_333,

From the sounds of it, a clarifying shampoo once a month may be just what the doctor ordered. /images/graemlins/smile.gif It does sound like build up. I use a clarifying shampoo once a month as well. Sometimes my hair doesn't feel as clean even after a wash, so that's what I do. /images/graemlins/smile.gif HTH

nita4

tc333, that soapy gunk is the creme of nature shampoo. I used it years ago and it totally weighed my hair down, left a build up and it started to itch. Either switch shampoos or clarify more often.

tc_333

Well, I thought I would be purchasing the Aussie Citrus Clarifying Shampoo, because Giant (grocery store) was having a sale on Aussie products. Unfortunately, they didn't have this product.

I ended up just using my neutralizing shampoo and then using my moisturizing shampoo. My scalp felt cleaner, now I just have to make sure I don't make it dryer....I plan to do scalp massages every other night until my next shampoo.