Scalp stuff...what's normal?

Caramela

When I scratch my scalp with my fingernails, a little bit of "stuff" comes off under my nails. I know my scalp is clean because I wash it with shampoo atleast once a week and Conditioner-Only wash almost everyday. So what is the stuff? It resembles dandruff, but I don't have dandruff. Am I the only one? I feel gross typing this, but I know I'm clean so here goes... *hits submit new thread* :look:

Brees_hair

It could be scalp dermatitis/eczema. It is not that your scalp is dirtry it is an overproduction of skin cells that form and then shed similar to dandruff. What ever you do don't scratch your scalp with a comb to get it out, the more you scratch it seem the more is produced. There are several things you can do, such as using head/shoulder shampoo, Tea Tree or Tar shampoo conditioner, or visit the dermatologist for medicated shampoos and oils. There are also plenty of "homeade" treatments that you can find right here on this board that may or maynot work. I personally have tried MTG and the Cayanne/EVOO mix which has helped with me, as well as have a medicated oil (dermarest) from the doctor. just use the search engine to find.

Hope this Helps.

morehairplease

It could be scalp dermatitis/eczema. It is not that your scalp is dirty it is an overproduction of skin cells that form and then shed similar to dandruff. What ever you do don't scratch your scalp with a comb to get it out, the more you scratch it seem the more is produced. There are several things you can do, such as using head/shoulder shampoo, Tea Tree or Tar shampoo conditioner, or visit the dermatologist for medicated shampoos and oils. There are also plenty of "homeade" treatments that you can find right here on this board that may or maynot work. I personally have tried MTG and the Cayanne/EVOO mix which has helped with me, as well as have a medicated oil (dermarest) from the doctor. just use the search engine to find.

Hope this Helps.

co-signing. I suffer from seborrheic dermatitis and my dermatologist prescribes sebulex(a medicated shampoo) and luqix(a foam/ontiment) for flare ups.