I am so confused

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
Ok so I sent DH to the Vitamin store to get me some coconut oil he brought back a 16oz jar of solid coconut oil. I thought it was suppose to be liquid? Am I suppose to melt it?

TIA

Neith

Ok so I sent DH to the Vitamin store to get me some coconut oil he brought back a 16oz jar of solid coconut oil. I thought it was suppose to be liquid? Am I suppose to melt it?

TIA

It's good that it's solid. That means it's unrefined.

If it is liquid, don't buy it! A lot of the nutrients have been stripped from it that way.

Also, it shouldn't have a strong scent, if it does that means that they added artificial fragrance to it.

It melts right in your hand... just rub a little between your palms :)

SignatureBeauty

You can put it in there, just run hot water over the bottle to melt it or put it in the microwave for a small amount of time, coconut oil melts really easy.

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
Thanks so much! U just saved me from making myself look real dumb with the hubby by telling him he got the wrong thing. I can hear him now "the new hair guru didn't know that cocnut oil comes solid"......I would not be able to live that down for a long time:nono:

frizzy

It's melting point is 76 degrees, maybe you can keep it in a closet or on a windowsill, but it's not hard to melt at all.

SignatureBeauty

You can mix it with another oil, I know other people do and it stays pretty liquidy, but it is best to keep it in a warm place if you want it to stay liquid. it just melts so fast I mean as soon as you touch it, It melts.