I AM HAVING A HARD TIME WITH THE PRE-COND. WASH. DAMN

Evalina1

MY HAIR is a HOT MESS AFTER THIS PRE-COND. WASH. My hair is mess and I can't style it to safe my life. I have neck length hair and it's very thin and I am a Newbie to the website. My hair is dry as hell and I am about to give up this whole thing. I use to get my hair wash and Deep cond. every single week from my hair salon. I think I need to go back to that and wait until I learn more infomation about pre-poo and pre cond wash. I never ever ever do my own hair because I do not know what the hell I am doing. The Hair Salon Love Me because I use to go every week. Please let me know if I should just allow the Salon to wash, deep cond. and every 2-3 three weeks protien cond and then rollerset. Do any body thinks I will recieve longer hair if I allowed my Salon to do all this stuff for me.
( At Home I deep cond. my hair with ORS Replenishing Pak and wrap my hair with Olive Oil Leave in Cond. and Infusium Moisturing leave in) No Shampoo and no Dryer .......... Hair Lotion- Elasta QP Recovery Oil Mosturizer and Castor Oil....My hair is still dry and very dull looking (HELP) I hope this is not too too much to read )

Last edited:

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
If the wash and deep conditioning works for you, then by all means, don't stop. Do what's healthy for your hair. What works for others may not work for your hair. You can do your own wash and deep conditioner at home, maybe you can ask your salon what products they use for your wash and deep cond. Then go get them and use them at home.

Last edited:

Evalina1

I guest my real question is, do you think doing my own hair at home will help me recieve longer healthy hair. I am not good at this pre-poo or pre cond wash when I do it my self. I do not know how to put roller in my hair I am just a hot mess when I try to do my own hair. (I take all of my hair products to my salon) I am sorry but I have a hard time trusting hair salon with their products) :grin: I need help with finding a good deep cond, leave in cond and Hair Lotion.

Last edited:

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
Ok, first you seem very frustrated. You can't do anything while you're frustrated. Yes, you can achieve long healthy hair by doing it at home. As long as you're committed, consistent and patient with yourself. It's all a learning process. Get yourself a spiral notebook. Write down your products, write down your process. If you don't like the way your hair turned out, tweak the process a bit. Check out LHCF member fotkis albums, they often tell you how they achieved their current hair status and what products they used. Check out www.healthytextures.com That's Macherieamour's site that explains further haircare at home. She also has tutorials on her site on how to do stuff, including rollersets. You can do it girl, have faith in yourself.

aloof one

Welcome! But Uhh...
maybe you're doing too much?

Also, you may not even need to be doing the whole pre-condition washing or whatever you call it... you didn't need it before, so why start doing it now if its going to jack your hair up? Sometimes (I was one of them) people get on here and read about so many things and just overload. It seems like you saw a lot of things on here and picked them all up and may or may not have needed them. A lot of people advertise all this extra nonsense that is just that- extra, that may or may not work for you. Sometimes the best thing you can do for your hair is wash and condition it and style it however you need to to minimize breakage. For some people that is heat. For others it may be airdrying or rollersetting. Rollersetting doesn't work for everyone, maybe that cold be a problem as well. What I'm saying is you may want to slow down and try to keep things simple, at least thats what worked for me.

cocoaluv

I guest my real question is, do you think doing my own hair at home will help me recieve longer healthy hair. I am not good at this pre-poo or pre cond wash when I do it my self. I do not know how to put roller in my hair I am just a hot mess when I try to do my own hair. (I take all of my hair products to my salon) I am sorry but I have a hard time trusting hair salon with their products) :grin: I need help with finding a good deep cond, leave in cond and Hair Lotion.
If you dont feel comfortable enough doing your own hair and feel that the salon you go to does a good job then continue going there. No need to stress yourself out if you are still having trouble. I say practice doing it on your own and if it doesnt work then go to the salon. You could post pics up of your hair and ask for advice as well so we could see what your hair looks like and give our opinions on what we think may work for you. You could also look through this section of the board and see the threads about different products used for different hair textures/issues.

Evalina1

Thank You MTAIRHoney for that link. I would love to learn how to rollerset my hair.. That is such a cool thing to do..Thank You.

Thank You A100Fone. You are right I have to do what is best for me. but MTAIRHoney have me a helpful website.. Thank You!!!:grin: