Protein and moisturizing cond. at each shampoo????

cocoa32

For the past few shampoos I've deep conditioned with both a moisturizing cond. and either ORS mayo, or ORS replinishing pak for protein. I was concerned that I might be doing too much protein, so today I only used a moisturizing DC, and my hair seems to be shedding more than usual.

Both of the ORS conditioners are light proteins, correct? Is it possible to over-do it with these?

Does anyone do a DC with a moisturizing cond. and a protein cond. at each shampoo? Or do you alternate the two? This whole protein/moisture thing is hard for me...... I'd greatly appreciate any advice.

TIA

Babygurl

What I did when I started and STILL do now is alternate the moisture and protein. It made it much easier for me to get that moisture/protein balance down pat. I always use an instant conditioner like Vo5 or Suave in the shower after my protein to counteract any dryness. This is what works for me.

Kenedie

I have been conditioning with both a moisturizing cond and a protein cond for about 2 months and I love the results. I used ORS mayo and creme of nature moist cond. I am not saying it is conventional but I am not conventional (i.e. no protective styles and I use heat once a week) and my hair still thrives(I'm about 1-2 inches or so from BSL). I've even slept in the combo and my hair feels stronger after the treatments. My hair and I like it so I am sticking with it. :)

Last edited:

seeminglysweet

I also do a combination of ORS (sometimes as a pre-poo) and a moisturizing deep conditioner. I like the results so far. I've been doing this for about 5 months.

malachi74

Babygurl said:
...I...alternate the moisture and protein... I always use an instant conditioner like Vo5 or Suave in the shower after my protein to counteract any dryness...

I also alternate. How long do you leave the regular conditioner in after the protein? I think I should incorporate this to counteract the dryness I have after the ORS Mayo (I don't experience dryness with the ORS Pak)