I almost big chopped last nite!!

I ride the buses usually here in NYC and when sitting in certain seats with a bright white light shining down a girl can really examine her ends lol, I couldnt resist checking them out, even though my hair seemed to be in great condition under normal lighting. My ends were in AWFUL shape:nono::nono: , i kept picking off these little trichohexxis nodosa pieces and i could see white tips and split ends:crying3:, i felt incomplete, like im growing out my hair ( i am transitiong for a year and 2 months now) but hanging on to damaged inches just for length approx 2 inches of uneven stringy ends. Later last nite, I took to my hair with the scissors lol and i took a tape measure to see the length of the thin hair , it was 2.5 inches!!!! 2.5 inches till thicker ends! this really upset me thats 4.5 months worth:wallbash:, but i did it!! and VOILA, thicker ends and overall thicker looking hair! I am soooooo GLAD i did it, i just have to be sure to take care of my "new" ends. I need to be soo caring 2 them becuz i dont want to have to do another trim. Overall i really barely notice any diff in length , ithink becuyz the ends were so damnd thin b4 , now my hair is bouncy and has more volume, AMAZING what a little at home trim can do