Trimmed off extremely skinny hair ends!

Last nite during deep conditioning my hair i took my hair down and examined it soaking with water and conditioner and i noticed that the front ends on my right side were PIN THIN! and not just compared to the natural hair above it(im transitioning and the ends have old overprocessing and heat damage), they were just literally pin thin and to me thats sooooo unhealthy looking!!,, it was like theyre were 3 strands of hair as the last quarter inch so i just grabbed my scissors and snipped and snipped some mo' and some mo' till they were good and thicker:) and i still have like an inch or 2 of rather thin hair left becuz permed hair is usually thinner than natural,, I am on a NO TRIM CHALLENGE but damnit I HAD TO DO IT :lol: , i couldnt leave stringy ends on, ( this is my second stringy end snip, snip this summer) I reccomend snipping to anyone with stringy ends , it really doesnt hurt to get them off, its soooo good to see thicker ends,, its like a present !

karezone

Congratulations!!
I know I can't stand thin stringy ends either. I will trim away all my progress with no problem. But since I lost my hair shears, I have been unable to trim like I normally would, but right now I really don't need to.

JustKiya

*grins* I twist my hair on a regualar, and I'm steady trimming off the stringy crazy looking ends!! I figure I've trimmed about 3 inches off so far, and I plan on stopping until January - but we shall see!!

And I agree - trimming them ends of makes your hair look better - and I'm not chasing after length so hard that I'll take it looking any ole which way - I want long HEALTHY looking hair.

leleepop

I am on a mission to search and destroy my scraggly ends also.....since I have been texlaxed my hair is growing up instead of down lol.Congrats I feel ya!:)

bluebearfanatic

Ravenhairbellydancer said:
Last nite during deep conditioning my hair i took my hair down and examined it soaking with water and conditioner and i noticed that the front ends on my right side were PIN THIN! and not just compared to the natural hair above it(im transitioning and the ends have old overprocessing and heat damage), they were just literally pin thin and to me thats sooooo unhealthy looking!!,, it was like theyre were 3 strands of hair as the last quarter inch so i just grabbed my scissors and snipped and snipped some mo' and some mo' till they were good and thicker:) and i still have like an inch or 2 of rather thin hair left becuz permed hair is usually thinner than natural,, I am on a NO TRIM CHALLENGE but damnit I HAD TO DO IT :lol: , i couldnt leave stringy ends on, ( this is my second stringy end snip, snip this summer) I reccomend snipping to anyone with stringy ends , it really doesnt hurt to get them off, its soooo good to see thicker ends,, its like a present !

i have that same problem...i'm just scared to use scissors! I feel like I might cut too much!

bluebear, dont be scared, if the ends are really thin then only trim the superskinny parts off, if ur ends are decently thick then leave em! but it feels fabulous to trim skinny ends off and see how much healthier your hair looks right after,, thick ends are a sign of hair health becuz it shows that your ends have been well taken care of. I think part of why ends get thin is becuz some many little hairs break off it leaves some hairs long and some shorter and then you get lifeless ends...