How To Straw Set Natural Hair??

Ericka

Now my hair had been 100% Natural all my life, and I've always seen hair styles that I would like to try but I can not acheive them because relaxed hair is recommended. I would like to acheive a straw set look with out using the marcel irons, and the other way of acheving this look is to wet the hair or add LottaBody Setting lotion to each section of the hair and set the hair on straws. Now if one drop of water or liquid of any type touches my hair, it curls up and become really frizzy.

I really really would like to acheive this look, and I'm askin if anyone have any suggestions on how I can do this with the restrictions I described?

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts
wash condition get some setting lotion and some gheri curl rods or perm rods. this is my method. get you an extra large shower cap and call it 2 weeks

AFashionSlave

I think you should do a wet set on straws. I would use something a little heavier than a setting lotion. Maybe a creme a butter. My napps laugh at setting lotion.

Ini from NP has a straw set on her website. I don't know exactly where it is on the site but.
Here is the link:
http://www.roshini.net/

I will look though her site and try to find the pic for you.

crml_buttafly

when i do a straw set on my daughters hair i section it into ponytails and buy a cheap pack of straws.i use setting lotion(lottabody) on her hair and then i have a little portable soft bonnet dryer

KinksnCurlz

That roshini chick is THOROUGH!!! i saved her journal 2 my favorites