How to grow out relaxed treated hair fast!

Roselyn

I'm Roselyn and am 18 years old. Since October of 2003, I've been trying to grow my hair out longer. My real goal is to grow it out to my waist. Before Oct. I'd been wearing zillions and decided to give that technique a rest 'cause I wanted my real hair to grow out nice and pretty. So right now, it's a little past the top of my shoulders; (In the back) and at my shoulders on the sides. But the problem is that it's growing pretty slow and in October last year I had a hair dresser that went crazy with his scissors and caused it to be a few inches shorter than that!!!
Well I've got a new hair dresser and she's been working with my hair for the past few months since then and it has grown, but very slowly. I always wrap my hair every night before bed. I get a touch up about once every month and a half. I'd like to have my hair down my back by my nineteenth birthday (November) if possible and I've been spending so much money too (And getting basically no results...
). I'd also like to have my hair be a little thicker too. Can I get a little advice from any of you guys!?
I really need to know how to take care of my hair and help it grow really nice! thanx

Dreamn

Chasing the Unicorn
well in my opinion there is not grow hair fast formula. a lot of the ladies here with waist length hair have been growing their hair for at least 2 years.

everyone's hair growth rates are different, some people grow 1/2 inch every month, some grow 1 inch per month. it varies. with it being almost mid april, i doubt you will make it to waist length by November, but you should be able to achieve length somewhere along your upper back.

You should do a search on stretching out relaxers, i only get mine every 4-5 months.
do a search for moisturizing shampoos and conditioners.
deep conditioning
protein treatments
and vitamins

the vitamins and laying off relaxers should thicken your hair up.

whew...i hope i helped you and didnt discourage you and good luck!

oh by the way, take pictures so you can see your progress..definitely look at the albums here, you'll see some good heads of hair and dont be afraid to ask for regimens from people

greAtness333

Keep a consistant regime. Wash once a week and condition 1-2 times (more if you workout) a week. Multivitamins are really important. I take Biotin and WGO but I heard surge really works well also. Try to stretch out your re-touches (as long as your hair isn't snapping off) and moisturize your new growth to keep it soft. Lastly, prevent split ends by getting trims 6-8 wks.

Dreamn

Chasing the Unicorn
oh yeah, you dont have to keep getting your ends trimmed either. there are plenty of people who dont trim or dont trim that often and still are successful, since trimming supposedly doesnt affect the hair growth. maybe you could read cathy howse's book to start out and learn more about the hair process. its an ok book, but if you a couple of searches on this site you could probably save money.

L

LaNecia

All the advice on here sounds good so I'll just welcome you to the board!

AnjelLuvs

I dont think suggestin stretching out relaxers is goin to make a difference, because if you roots are too uncontrollable then you will be losing hair after a couple of weeks.

(or maybe my hair got like that because I stopped taking my MSM, but I wont stretch my relaxers more than 6 weeks)

AllAboutTheHair

Exercising for 30 min. at least 3 times a week is an added bonus. You stimulate growth at the same time you are managing your waistline. Happy growing!!

Dreamn

Chasing the Unicorn
[ QUOTE ]
AnjelLuvsUBabe said:
I dont think suggestin stretching out relaxers is goin to make a difference, because if you roots are too uncontrollable then you will be losing hair after a couple of weeks.

(or maybe my hair got like that because I stopped taking my MSM, but I wont stretch my relaxers more than 6 weeks)

[/ QUOTE ]

i told her to look it up because she has thin hair. for some people, stretching out relaxers work (like me, who went a year without one) and on others it doesnt. the point of my first post was to tell her that she has to do whats right for her hair, but she has to get some ideas first by doing some searches

calbear

Yeah - she really needs to look it up. It has helped me by forcing me to find ways to style my hair in protective styles and using no heat - thus my hair is healthier. But also by looking it up she should be able to find the cons of doing it or avoid the pitfalls (as I did NOT do
) i.e. not enough protein/over moisturizing. It is a great option IF it works for her hair.