How Do I Get My Hair To Grow?!?!?!?!?

Timberly

<font color="purple"> </font> hey yall, i've been on here before but its been a while! well my question is, im 13, and my hair wont seem to grow! i wash my hair about once every 2 wks, and the last time i've washed it was last night. i do use wild growth oil, but it seems like my ends are really bad and splitting, and all i want is to have pretty long hair when i get to high school. HELP PLEASE!

mstankers

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Timberly said:
<font color="purple"> </font> hey yall, i've been on here before but its been a while! well my question is, im 13, and my hair wont seem to grow! i wash my hair about once every 2 wks, and the last time i've washed it was last night. i do use wild growth oil, but it seems like my ends are really bad and splitting, and all i want is to have pretty long hair when i get to high school. HELP PLEASE!

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you need to have your ends trimmed or evened out. Also, I want to tell you something. I know this is a long hair care forum but your hair does not have to be long in order to be pretty. Please dont be one of those people that thinks her hair has to be long and straight in order to be pretty.

Drink lots of water, make sure your hair is trimmed regularly and worry about school work instead of your hair.

Kamilla16

Hi /images/graemlins/cool.gif I kinda know exactly how you feel Timberly. I am only 16 years old. Well I would really suggest that you look at old posts about certain area problems you may be having. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I know this has helped me a lot.

What problems are you having? What is your current length?
Girl, I'm sure you'll have BEAUTIFUL hair w/ some of the advice and tips you can get on this forum /images/graemlins/grin.gif

GOOD LUCK!!

Karima

elliot

Timberly,

In addition to the advise above, it may help you to review the Thread "Hair Regime Update.....Everyone Please Update" started by AmilLion. There is some REALLY good information posted by the members of the board.

You may also consider washing more frequently. I used to wash once weekly until joining the board. I now wash twice weekly and my hair does seem to alot healthier.

I hope this helps.

Elliot

Phoenix

I'm sure you will find a lot of helpful information on this site by doing searches (dry ends, etc.) But I think you should concentrate on getting your hair healthy rather than long. Who wants long hair if it is dry and damaged? Healthy, shiny hair is beautiful at any length!

pebbles

Hi Timberly,

Welcome to the board! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I suggest you get a couple of good books on black hair care. I purchased Cathy Howes, Ultra Black Hair Care book, and her advice has been wonderful for me. Shamboosie's book, Beautiful Black Hair, was also a great source of information. Many of the women here have purchased Carolyn Grey's book and found a lot of product information in it.

Definately trim your hair if you have a lot of split ends and hair that seems to be breaking off. Start off on a new slate. Frequent washing is not for everyone, but if you can possibly manage it, start washing your hair more often. After each wash, do a deep conditioning treatment.(this is key.)

Do rollersets, or just air dry, and try to stay away from blowdriers and curling irons. Keep your hair moisturized. (I moisturize my hair 2-3 times a day.) The key to experiencing growth is to keep your hair, (especially your ends) as moisturized as much as possible. By doing this, you combat dry, brittle, breaking hair. If you can keep your ends, you will start to experience growth. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

It's been said that the time woman experience the most growth in their lives is between the ages of 14-25 years old. If that's truly the case, you've started your journey to longer, healthier hair at the best time! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I don't know if your hair is natural or relaxed, but regardless, there are plenty of women here that can help you either way.

If you need any help, please feel free to send me a PM. I will be more than happy to help you any way I that I can. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Titansgirl

Hi Timberly, welcome to the board /images/graemlins/weird.gif I'm sure the ladies on this board will be very helpful to you. I have a daughter who is 14 yrs old, and wants to grow her hair longer. I truly believe that you are going to need help from your parents as well. We need to know what products you have at your home. Do you go to a hair salon? Do you have a relaxer or are you naturals? My daughter has very thick hair. I haven't relaxed her hair in 10 months. I wash her hair once a week. I do a hot oil treatment using olive oil(this is normally an oil that your parents cook with or you find at a grocery store$2.75). Then I wash her hair w/ Creme of Nature shampoo for dry hair(can be bought at a Walmart $3.25). I condition her hair w/ Pantene Smooth and Sleek moisturizing conditioner(you can find this at Walmart also $3.50)w/ a plastic bag for about 30 min. Each time I have her to get in and out of the shower. She doesn't like it /images/graemlins/mad.gif, but her hair is healthy and growing. /images/graemlins/drunk.gif Good luck w/ your hair journey. Do not let your hair nor the internet interfere w/ your schooling /images/graemlins/user.gif Just looking out for you. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Education is important /images/graemlins/smile.gif

sweetcocoa

Welcome Timberly! All the ladies gave you great advice. I also want to emphasize, that long hair is not pretty if it is not healthy. If you focus on the health, including leaving the curling iron and blowdryer alone, the length will come automatically. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ngaa

hey Timberly /images/graemlins/wave.gif

like some1 else said, before we can help u , u first need to tell us what products u suse on yo hair after washin it coz if u r washin dry hair wit a shampoo that dont condition or dont use a conditioner or moisturiser afterwards then yo hair definatly wont get any longer /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ngaa
p.s. u may needa get yo parents to join this board so as to be able to help u wit yo hair care /images/graemlins/grin.gif

DDHair

I understand the feeling Timberly. I have always wanted long hair, I think when I was your age I was getting over my prime time stage of REALLY wanting long hair. I think I started taking care of my hair in the 5th grade, I used to soak my hair with grease, I was on the right track with keeping my scalp oiled and rolling or just taking care of my hair, but I was too excessive. I think your best bet is to have your guardian help you take care of your hair, if you can go to a stylist at least every 2 weeks that would be great! Because I believe what Pebbles says about the 14-25 thing, your hair grows fast when taken care of (really at any age), but that is a critical period and God I only have one more year, so I hope it works for me while I'm talking.

Find a beautician who takes care of younger ladies hair and even though hard gel styles with tracks might be in, try not to conform to that, because some of those things can cause breakage. Have your guardian look at the site with you or explain to them some of the things you are interested in when searching, because they need to know what you are getting into, especially if they are spending the money.

I understand your desire to look good for high school, 8th grade was my favorite year in school just because of that transition, so I am not going to just tell you to forget about your looks, because it is possible to have what you want physically and be a straight A student, and you are at the age where fitting in really counts or feeling good about yourself really counts, just study hard and consult an adult with the hair thing. God Bless.

Nessa

She is in ninth grade, you can tell when she made the post. And school started August so you know, I want long hair too, I guess I am just too excessive a bit.

sabie19

Hey Timberly, I am 15 years old and I have some information to help you. I think you should drink water, eat healthy like vegetables and fruits and you should exercise and stop stressing over your hair. That's what I learned to do. When the stress stops the hair grows.

SingingStar12

Welcome to LHCF, Timberly!

Nessa

Lol, singingstar12, you are welcoming her
she has been here longer than you, and she hasn't came in a long time.