How Simple Is Your KISS??

shunta

I was and deep condition once a week. I don't cover my hair most nights. Besides what I do on wash day i don't moisturize during the week.

Yep, this is mostly what I do. My leave-in moisturizes enough so I don't have to moisturize everyday.

Vashti

1. Wash and DC every weekend
2. Moisturize twice a day (and I oil my scalp in the evenings before bed)
3. I baggy and wrap with a silk scarf each night
4. Comb every other day with a wide toothed comb
5. Saturate hair with amla oil and conditioner each Friday night and wash it out in the shower the next morning
6. wear an afro puff everyday
7. Shampoo with a sulfate shampoo once a month

beautyaddict1913

Detangle/oil rinse/Wash/acv rinse/dc w/ steamer 1x per week
Moisturize & seal 1x daily
14 large twists each night (for twist out, pufff or whatever, it works!)
Baggy as needed
Co-wash as needed
Black tea rinse/protein treatments/ayurvedic treatments/bentonite clay treatments only as needed

Listening to the needs of my hair instead of doing things on a schedule truly allows me to KISS!

lovelexi

Wash and DC once a week
Rollerset
Moisturise and seal daily

That's it. Oh I massage my scalp with Bee Mine and JBCSO when I remember. Anything more will be too much of a hassle.

Same routine here. When I do remember I do scalp massages. The only time I will use oil for scalp massages is when I have some NG.

SelfStyled

Wash and DC twice a week.
Moisturize and seal daily
Sleep with a satin scarf
Clarify monthly

I just switch up my DC's because I am a DC junkie. And I am always making DC mixes.

Britt

My KISS
Wash and deep condition once a week. During the week I will most likely wash again. I use a leave in conditioner and moisturize my edges. I use Emergencee about every 2-3 weeks. I relax every 8-10 weeks roughly.

bride91501

Don't know if I qualify as a KISS member, but as a mother to 3 daughters with tons of hair, this fits my schedule:

-Co-wash 1-2x per week
-DC w/heat once/week
-Moisturize & seal daily
-Castor oil & Neosporin mix on my edges nightly

That's it! I'm currently PSing in cornrows under a wig, which also helps me cut down on having to do so much to my hair.

lolascurls

My KISS routine:
- DC and co-wash 1x week
- Moisturise (spray) 2x a day
- Baking soda + conditioner rinse / ACV rinse 1x a month
- My hair is currently hiding in braids under my half-wigs. I redo the braids every month.

Only other things I do:
- I finger detangle only. NO COMBS, NO BRUSHES:nono:
- I don't use heat: direct or indirect.
- I keep a hair journal. :yep:

I know if I really obsessed about my hair it would lead to over-manipulation. That's why I'm hiding it now. if not in the current style, it's a bun ALL THE WAY!:grin:

nsmith30

Prepoo, wash, and dc 1x week
Leave in and seal
Braid
Wrap with satin scarf
Spray a leave in every other day, and oil my scalp every night
Wigs everyday

LaFemmeNaturelle

I co-wash once a week and seal with grease. I shampoo as needed (no more than once a month) and I detangle once a month. That's about it. Low manipulation styles vary (currently pixie braids)

Tyra

It seems to me that the women who have the simplest regimens gain/retain the most length.

bbdgirl

my KISS regimen is:
Poo 1x week
DC/Protein together--with aphogee 2 min and whichever deep moisturizing cond I choose
detangle/comb only on wash day
moisturize as needed
seal nightly

Little tweaks/tricks that I think have helped me most:
no combing/low manipulation
rarely use direct heat
baggying a few nights a week
Pre-pooing night before wash(shea butter or coconut oil)
keep a hair journal