How often do you color hair - rinse or semi-perm?

luvSLave

For those of you who use a rinse or semi-permanent color, how often do you re-do the color?

I've used Cellophanes for years and love it, but since I've joined the board and have been washing my hair more often, it fades pretty quickly. Mind you, I settled on using Cellophanes because the color lasts longer in my hair than any other I've tried. I refuse to use permanent color so I need some help.

Lindy

I retouch my permie color at the roots about every 14 weeks; in between that I usually do a Colourshine just to refresh the color a little, but you're right, if you're a frequent washer, the colourshines will only last about a month, if that...

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong
<font color="purple">I recently did a touch up with Natural Instincts 28B Warm Chestnut Brown. As far as that goes, I do my touchups every 2 months, sometimes longer. Maybe, if I have the money, I'm going to take the plunge and try the Colourshines to revive my warm shade. Toodles </font>

Puddles

On Cloud 9
[ QUOTE ]
luvSLave said:
For those of you who use a rinse or semi-permanent color, how often do you re-do the color?

[/ QUOTE ]

About every other month. I con wash a lot.

Vanessa22

I just received my first profession jet black rinse at the salon almost two weeks ago, and I think it's causing the my hair to break. I'm really disappointed about this, so I think this really is the last time.

candibaby

i got a rinse about 9 months ago, i plan on doing a DARK rinse (about the color of my natural hair) in the beginning of august.

luvSLave

Lindy, we're in the same boat. I'm at 3 weeks and in direct sunlight - which we're having tons of - you can already see that it's fading. Do you think applying the Colorshines every 4 weeks would be too much?

I went to a bss today and was eyeing this Roux temporary color. Looks to be a one shot deal though, like you have to put it in after every wash. Anyone ever try it?

Vanessa, what sort of rinse was it? Jazzing was verrrry drying on my hair. The Cellophanes is great and imparts wonderful shine (while it lasts anyway
)

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
luvSLave said:
Lindy, we're in the same boat. I'm at 3 weeks and in direct sunlight - which we're having tons of - you can already see that it's fading. Do you think applying the Colorshines every 4 weeks would be too much?

I went to a bss today and was eyeing this Roux temporary color. Looks to be a one shot deal though, like you have to put it in after every wash. Anyone ever try it?

Vanessa, what sort of rinse was it? Jazzing was verrrry drying on my hair. The Cellophanes is great and imparts wonderful shine (while it lasts anyway
)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think using the Colourshines every 4 weeks or so would be fine - as long as you're sure it's washed out at that point (otherwise maybe it would build up a lot and make your hair look dull?? i dunno...)

I wouldn't use that one wash Roux stuff.
If you get caught in the rain that stuff will be all over you!!
Plus those "wash out in one shampoo" colors usually make your hair look dull and coated...

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong
[ QUOTE ]
ricamorena03 said:
BabyCurls does natural instinct work well?

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="purple">Rica, I've used it before they improved on the color and the conditioner. My hair is less damaging and gives a nice shine to the hair. I did 2 colors (one dark brown shade, the other reddish brown shade) in a mix and turned out real nice.

I'm wearing 28B Warm Chestnut and I fell in love with the color. The new formula has a tube of more conditioner in it, but I mixed it with Pantene or Suave conditioners for added conditioning and moisture. You should try it. And since is has no ammonia, it's safe for relaxed and natural hair. I haven't used a permanent color in ages. And I found Natural Instincts is going to be my semi-perm color from now on. Toodles </font>

Angelicus

i use a hennalucent treatment about every 3 months (Bark Brown makes my hair a jet black color that i love). My *former* stylist recently colored my hair *unevenly* with Complements Semi-Permanent Haircolor in black.