Need semi-permanent hair color recs?

jada1111

I want to darken my hair, but don't want to use permanent color. I want it to rinse out over time, because I plan on lightening my hair this summer.

What's a good semi-permanent color you can recommend that will work well on natural hair?

TIA! :-D

Lady S

I like clairol's beautiful collection.

What I did NOT like is Natural Instincts. It burnt my hair. And it will NOT wash out over time. *cries over jet black burnt hair*

Thann

KISS Express makes a great semi-perm that rinses out well and leaves my hair feeling greta.

LaidBak

John Freida luminous color glaze. I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for. It smells great and it never hurt my fine, fragile hair. I've used it right after relaxing and never had a problem. Its a good conditioning product. Buuuuuut...it will stain the *bleep* out of your bathroom (tub, toilet, sink, carpet). Yeah be real careful to immediately wipe up anything that spills or splatters.

donewit-it

I've used Texture and Tones in the past. I really liked it. I think it is a semi-permanent.

I've tried CherryWood and Silken Black.

crazydaze911

John Freida luminous color glaze. I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for. It smells great and it never hurt my fine, fragile hair. I've used it right after relaxing and never had a problem. Its a good conditioning product. Buuuuuut...it will stain the *bleep* out of your bathroom (tub, toilet, sink, carpet). Yeah be real careful to immediately wipe up anything that spills or splatters.

:lachen::lachen::lachen: I know this first hand. Liked it but had to give the bottle to a friend b/c it left SUCH a mess

marie

I second the KISS Express rinse. I used it about a month ago and it is still on my hair. I used Dark Warm Brown (#88). Even though it says brown, the color came out almost black. And, it is easy to apply because it is thicker than other rinses.

BrockStar

Don't want to hi jack the thread but do ya'll have suggestions on rinses/ Semi perm. that will lighten the hair?

LaidBak

Don't want to hi jack the thread but do ya'll have suggestions on rinses/ Semi perm. that will lighten the hair?

I don't think you can lighten hair with a semi permanent color. :scratchch I think (and I'm certainly no expert) that in order to lighten hair you have to strip its real color and then deposit the new color. I think semi perms just coat your hair in pigment which can enhance color, but not change it.

BTW...Love love love your siggy hair!