How much would you spend for a product with these ingredients?

LadyRaider

Wow! So they are selling a different version at Target? I bet Target would NOT be happy about this. What a scam. I am glad I have never bought their crap.

Has anyone bought the product online? Apparently the ingredients posted online, I'm guessing it's for the same product y'all are talmbout, are different. :confused:

Look-a-here

http://collegecurlies.blogspot.com/2010/05/miss-jessies-pulls-fast-one.html

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
The average black woman who is not educated about mineral oil and bad har ingredients. I must say that my hair really did not have the adverse effect of these ingredients. In fact, my hair thrived on things that contained them.:lol: I have never tried MJ products and never will. I just say the price is ridiculous.:rolleyes::yep:

reeko43

Unless that product is going to wash, comb, detangle, color and actually style my hair I would not be paying $58 for a jar of grease. I am sure there is some product that I can buy under $10 that will do the same thing. They are just wrong for selling a different product at Target under the same name for the same price.

allmundjoi

I haven't seen a hair product with fragrance as one of the first ingredients-usually it's one of the last. So does that mean this concoction stank so bad they had to dump a bottle of perfume in it? And I heard it still doesn't smell that great. Lol.

bronzebomb

I like the line. I have 4B and it gives me a finished look. I only purchase during the BOGO. I have used MANY natural lines and love them too!

Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue:

This is a natural product.

I like both...just a different look.

Last edited:

Rina88

Nada. I don't mess with mineral oil or petroleum or a lot of fragrance too much for haircare producs, especially if it's one of the first ingredients.:nono:

Last edited:

Rina88

Wow it's a Miss Jessie's product and they have the nerve to charge $58 for that?? The only way I would pay that much for a product is if it's creating hair miracles! And those ingredients are so cheap smh.

bronzebomb

Nada. I don't mess with mineral oil for haircare producs (or petroleum or a lot of fragrance) too much, especially if it's one of the first ingredients.

:yep: I do. Growing up that's all we knew....and my hair was much longer. I stop patrolling the ingredients and started using what i liked.

If you eat a bag of doritos, had a coke or pepsi for a snack or a martini last night, those ingredients are far worse than mineral oil.

levone

Actually I LOVE MJ's products, but only buy it during the December sale. My answer is yes, I'll pay for something if it works for MY hair (within reason). Would it make sense to pay for the same size/same price container of an 'all natural' product that does not work for me, or MJ's that I know will work? I have used lots of natural hair products (as well as local beauty supply products) over the years so i am aware of the different results of I can get from different products. I enjoy the shine and hold I get from these products, so yes I use them.

Also, I am educated to the fact of what and how mineral oil works and it does fine in my hair. I've seen the comments lots of times that the women that use these products are uneducated, etc, etc. It's ok not to like something, but don't assume that those that do are uninformed. If I like something, I buy it, if not, I keep it moving. However, I don't think that anyone is getting over on me, it's my choice to spend my dollars.

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
Has anyone bought the product online? Apparently the ingredients posted online, I'm guessing it's for the same product y'all are talmbout, are different. :confused:

Look-a-here

http://collegecurlies.blogspot.com/2010/05/miss-jessies-pulls-fast-one.html

@Nonie - i've read that some of the brands that were exclusively salon or online only, that are now in Target, walgreens, walmart, etc. are different formulations than the original. So this seems to be the case with Miss Jessie's too - why don't these companies offer lower prices? (I know you cannot answer that question - just saying why???) or state on the back the way some larger companies make cheaper versions under store name brands.

Last edited:

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
http://www.missjessies.com/shop/moisturizers

Water, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Mineral Oil, Fragrance, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Acetylated Lanolin, Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil, Panthenol, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Keratin, Hydrolyzed Keratin, PEG-8 Dilaurate, Ceteareth-20, Stearyl Alcohol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Disodium EDTA, Triethanolamine, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Caramel, Yellow 5 (CI 19140)

welp, this is from the Miss Jessie's site. So at one point, may be they didn't use fillers, and crap til they went mainstream.

Kindheart

@Kindheart,
How are they rippin ppl off? I am not a fan as I posted but if I purchase something (even pre-LHCF) and do not get the results I want, I do not continue to do business with that company. If someone continues to purchase when they know it is expensive and not working then that's just:nuts:. Not trying to be contentious but I don't understand the rip off sentiment:spinning:.
Prudent1 -see what havilland said .My thoughts exactly .
If you buy something for a certain price you expect good quality ingredients.
What you are paying there is the Branding and ads.Sometimes making a brand more expensive makes it look prestigious and overall better than a cheaper brand.Its all about good branding and publicity skills.

Jas123

The Star of a Story
Depends on how effective it is for what it does. I'm no ingredient snob:look: 10

ETA: I just saw what product it is. Honestly, if something works very well for my hair I don't really care how much it is (nothing ridiculous of course) but it has to work

ingredient snob or not..... you're basically buying glorified vaseline for an outlandish price....

krissyhair

This is so funny. My friend had some Miss Jessie's Baby Buttercreme at her house. I tried it today and absolutely loved it. It had me searching through the forum for the words "ingredient snob" and this thread came up.

I am by no means an ingredient snob. I think you should judge a product on its performance, not the label. My hair just drank this stuff up. It was so shiny, elongated and smelled good after using this. I swear I dipped my hand in the jar 6 or more times because it was so nice.

However, I ain't paying $58 for anything. That is too damn expensive. I have entire Calvin Klein outfits I got on clearance for less than that... seriously WHOLE OUTFITS... plural. Miss Jessie's, you got to do better.