How much would you spend for a product with these ingredients?

Kindheart

Water, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Mineral Oil, Fragrance, Glyceryl Stereate, PEG-100 Stearate, Acetylated Lanolin, Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil, Panthenol, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Keratin, Hydrolized Keratin, PEG-8 Dilaurate, Ceteareth-20, Stearyl Alcohol, Acrylates/C 10-30 Alkyl Acylate Crosspolymer, Disodium EDTA, Treithanolamine, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Caramel, Yellow 5 (CI 19140) , beeswax, shea butter, cocoa butter carbomer 940, fragrance, castor oil, dilaurate laneth 15, glycerine, glyceryl stereate, hydrolyzed animal protein, imidazolidinyl,jojoba oil, baneth 15, mineral oil, methyl paraben, milk protein, paraffin, PEG-400, PEG-100, stearate, petrolatum, propyl paraben, treithanolamine, vitamin E, wheat germ oil .

16oz .

I will reveal the price and brand of this product later.:spinning:

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
$0 Petrolatum, Mineral Oil and Fragrance, in the first row, then all of the proteins and parabens.... Not for me or my hair.

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
0 dollars my hair cant tolerate mineral oil so high up on the list.

That mess probably cost $50-70 because of that fancy sounding oil (Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil)

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Water, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Mineral Oil, Fragrance, Glyceryl Stereate, PEG-100 Stearate, Acetylated Lanolin, Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil, Panthenol, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Keratin, Hydrolized Keratin, PEG-8 Dilaurate, Ceteareth-20, Stearyl Alcohol, Acrylates/C 10-30 Alkyl Acylate Crosspolymer, Disodium EDTA, Treithanolamine, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Caramel, Yellow 5 (CI 19140) , beeswax, shea butter, cocoa butter carbomer 940, fragrance, castor oil, dilaurate laneth 15, glycerine, glyceryl stereate, hydrolyzed animal protein, imidazolidinyl,jojoba oil, baneth 15, mineral oil, methyl paraben, milk protein, paraffin, PEG-400, PEG-100, stearate, petrolatum, propyl paraben, treithanolamine, vitamin E, wheat germ oil .

Not one red cent. DMDM Hydantoin AND a thousand parabens? Are they serious? And are aaaaaall of those waxes/greases really necessary? Not to mention the fact that this mess has all kinds of crap that I can't even pronounce. :lol:

If this mess is over 5 dollars, Imma be mad.

Last edited:

aminata

I know the product :)

My hair happens to like this product, mineral oil and all. I will only by during bogo promotions though.

Kindheart

Miss Jessi Baby Buttercreme Approximatley $58 .
I find it ridiculous ,I hate the fact it s a black owned business rippin off black women .
Such awful ,crappy ingredients mixed with a few good ones to "pretend" to be a quality product.*SIDE EYE*

tiffers you missed paraffin at the bottom.:ohwell: yucky ..

Last edited:

Dposh167

I was just looking at that product in the store. Every jar of that brand had those crappy oils in it. I couldnt believe it. I thougt miss j was better than that

Prudent1

I tried a few of the products from that line early in my HHJ. Honestly, I would have continued to purchase them if they impressed me with the results but they did not. Then to add insult to injury, the price point and ingredients:nono:. I'm happy for those who get good results and like the products, they just did nothing spectacular for me. Shoot, I'm still trying to use up the last of some Quick Curls I bought a long time ago:rolleyes:.

Prudent1

I find it ridiculous ,I hate the fact it s a black owned business rippin off black women .
Such awful ,crappy ingredients mixed with a few good ones to "pretend" to be a quality product.*SIDE EYE*

@tiffers you missed paraffin at the bottom.:ohwell: yucky ..
Kindheart,
How are they rippin ppl off? I am not a fan as I posted but if I purchase something (even pre-LHCF) and do not get the results I want, I do not continue to do business with that company. If someone continues to purchase when they know it is expensive and not working then that's just:nuts:. Not trying to be contentious but I don't understand the rip off sentiment:spinning:.

DaiseeDay

I wouldn't buy it. Petrolatum twice, mineral oil listed 3rd, fragrance 4th, parabeans...

No thanks.

ETA: I wrote that before I read your post saying the product name. This is why I stay away from Miss Jessie's. For that price (and with all the money I suppose they spend on marketing) they could do much better with the ingredients.

Last edited:

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
Kindheart,
How are they rippin ppl off? I am not a fan as I posted but if I purchase something (even pre-LHCF) and do not get the results I want, I do not continue to do business with that company. If someone continues to purchase when they know it is expensive and not working then that's just:nuts:. Not trying to be contentious but I don't understand the rip off sentiment:spinning:.

The rip off is Pretending to be a quality product when really it's full of fillers and junk that does not warrant the high price tag.

90% Vaseline and mineral oil with 1%shea butter drops, fragrance and Acrylates is not worth $58. That product costs about $8 (if that) to make. Profit margin of 600% is a rip off

Sent from my iPhone while out living my best life!

hothair

Depends on how effective it is for what it does. I'm no ingredient snob:look: 10

ETA: I just saw what product it is. Honestly, if something works very well for my hair I don't really care how much it is (nothing ridiculous of course) but it has to work

Last edited:

Afrobuttafly

Um...i could deal with 1 or 2 ingredients from "the no no list" but um..er...uh.. that is just rifreakindiculous. I don't even care if it would work per se, because I just KNOWS I could find something a little healthier than that to produce similar if not better results. The health hound in me simply would not allow it.

As for Miss J's products.. I don't care if the water on the ingredient list is from Jesus' baptism in the Jordan..I would not pay 50 some odd dollars for it.:perplexed

CurlsBazillion

Wish I could say I am shocked. I haven't and don't plan on throwing my money away on a $58 jar of grease I can get for a $1 and mix with some of my butters at home. Its just not cool to me, but to each her own.

AHeadOfCoils

I can't staaaand that mess!! I knew what it was based off the first 4 ingredients. No ma'am! At a Jazz Festival, I got about 10 sample packs of all of their products (about 2 bags worth) and the ONLY thing I liked was the Super Sweetback Treatment. I wouldn't even buy that though. It really is a shame that they are charging such outrageous prices for a jar of crappy ingredients. Yes it might work for some, but they are making about 7x the production cost in product sales and that doesn't sit right w/ me.

LadyEuphoria007

WOW are you serious!! I've never tried her products but dang...that's a slap in the face. :ohwell:

NaturalEnigma

You can make your own conditioner consisting of only the natural ingredients listed above, and it would it be cheaper, more concentrated and healthier then the Miss Jessie's Product. As a matter of fact I have most of these ingredients at home I'm about to start experimenting. :lachen:

belldandy

if you're gonna try miss jessie's, you may as well buy any old black hair product from the black hair care section. slap some grease on your head while you're at it. at least you would save money.

Solitude

Miss Jessie's products work great and are worth the price, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using LHCF

virtuenow

Water... petrolatum... mineral oil??? I would say About $.50 to $1.00 (no more than $10). These are all cheap filler ingredients. The fact that they are listed first means they are comprise of most the product, probably 85% of the product or more. There can be one drop of the frankensence and other good ingreidents you mentioned; but I have almost no doubt that their effect is drowned out by the cheap ingredients.

Nonie

Has anyone bought the product online? Apparently the ingredients posted online, I'm guessing it's for the same product y'all are talmbout, are different. :confused:

Look-a-here

http://collegecurlies.blogspot.com/2010/05/miss-jessies-pulls-fast-one.html