• 4-5 oz

Votes: 28 21.9%
  • 5-6 oz

Votes: 13 10.2%
  • 6-8 oz

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • 8-10 oz

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Girl the whole bottle! (more than 10 oz)

Votes: 3 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Charz

Sinister Minister
I am curious to see how much Conditioner LHCF users Deep Condition with.

I've seen instructions to use a "dime size" amount of conditioner, which is laughable in my opinion. I use 4-8 ounces depending on if my hair is wet or dry. :look: :sekret:

Please state your hair type (relaxed or natural), how long is your hair and whether you DC on wet or dry hair.

Thx!

Last edited:

Allandra

I am curious to how much Conditioner LHCF users use to Deep Condition.

I've seen instructions to use a "dime size" amount of conditioner, which is laughable in my opinion. I use 4-8 ounces depending on if my hair is wet or dry. :look: :sekret:

Please state your hair type (relaxed or natural), how long is your hair and whether you DC on wet or dry hair.

Thx!
I'm natural, and my hair is bra strap length. I usually deep condition on wet hair, but occasionally I deep condition on dry hair. I use a lot of conditioner to make sure all of my hair is well covered. A dime size amount of conditioner on my hair would be a joke (yes, quite laughable).

diadall

I chose 6 to 8 ounces and my hair is only past ear length when wet. I talked about this before when it came to "quarter-size." I just need more.

LushLox

I use a good amount of condish in my palm. I don't like DC'ing on dry hair, I prefer my hair to be clean when I DC. What I've been doing lately though is shampooing my hair and leaving my hair to dry for a while so I'm DC'ing on slightly damp hair. This is proving to be very effective as I feel that my hair is absorbing more of the treatment. I might not even need to use as much product this way either.

My hair is relaxed.

CandyCurls

Last edited:

Toy

I am relaxed and my hair is Hip Length and i use about 4-5 oz's of conditioner.

onemoretry

I am a newbie and not being a smart arse, but why so much? I have been watching youtube videos and I kept asking myself why are they putting so much on, it just seems so wasteful. If I used as much as I see the women using, I would be buying conditioner weekly. What are the benefits of using so much? I seriously don't get it.:perplexed

ctosha

Never messure it, just stop applying when the hair is fully covered :S
Me too, really though who really uses a dime size amount of condish? That would not even cover 1/4 of my head. I have some thick a** hair.

Aggie

I use about 3-4 ounces of conditioner on my texlaxed hair, and I tend to use a little more after a henna treatment. I like my hair to be soaked and heavy in conditioner especially if I am wearing my hair in a wash and go style - it weighs my hair down and allow the strands to drop lower just the way I like it:grin:.

diadall

I am a newbie and not being a smart arse, but why so much? I have been watching youtube videos and I kept asking myself why are they putting so much on, it just seems so wasteful. If I used as much as I see the women using, I would be buying conditioner weekly. What are the benefits of using so much? I seriously don't get it.:perplexed

I guess I am thinking back to the days when I was relaxed and my stylist would always say I need to mix extra for your hair. Even when I would get color treatments I would have someone say they were running out and needed to mix more so I assumed my hair needs a lot of product.

wannabelong

I'm APL, relaxed and I use about 6-8 oz. of conditioner. I always DC on dry hair which causes me to use more. Ain't no way I could only use a dime size of conditioner.

Americka

Cool thread, Charz!

I'm APL and I use 4 to 5 ounces of conditioner/DC. Like another poster mentioned, I apply the conditioner like a relaxer for maximum coverage.

La Colocha

Natchal, apl, it depends on the consitancy and slip of the dc. If its really thick i only need a small amount maybe 1oz and if its thinner 1 1/2 to 2 ounces. My dc's last a long time.

ladylo

11 oz bottle of AO HSR lasts about 3-4 washes IF I mix it with another conditioner or honey and oils. Dime size ain't nothing but a drop in the bucketload of product my hair needs to get coated. Heh heh, it pretty much absorbs it all too!

tatiana

Between 2-4 oz. depending on cost of the conditioner, if I brought it online or in the store, and its past performance.

Charz

Sinister Minister
Cool thread, Charz!

Thanks Lady!

Well I like to saturate each strand. And I buy Jessicurl WDT by the gallon lol! But it lasts me like a year.

mzsophisticated26

I never measured and I just apply until my hair is covered but I think about 1-2oz. I apply conditioner using the relaxer method. I am almost APL.

Last edited:

davisbr88

I'm natural, SL, and I DC on either wet or dry. Usually dry.
I use a lot! 4-5 oz for sure. I use the relaxer method every time I DC.

ETA: I mix in lots of stuff with my DC, so it's 4-5 oz of the mixture, not the actual DC. I probably only use 1.5-2 oz of actual DC.
My hair is thin and porous and I STILL use a lot... lol. I probably could cut back a little but I don't think that little bit is worth it. Every iota of this head gets coated well!

Last edited:

30something

1 oz, maybe 1.5 oz. If its extremely thick i dilute it with Suave Shea butter and almond. I see my self using about that amount when i reach BSL.

arosieworld

Thanks 4 our nail *****!
Like 2 handfuls, maybe like 1/3 the bottle.
Idk depends on how much it cost I am very heavy handed but I like to get 2 dc's a bottle.

LaFemmeNaturelle

I don't know about ounces but I think about a cup and a half and I apply it like a virgin relaxer......so that's about 12 fl oz

I'm transitioning and between mbl-wl

Eta: ok I just did a better conversion. I actually scooped out about 12 tblsp so that's 8 fl oz

Last edited: