How many ladies are there............

that have about 4 inches to go until their hair reaches their bra clasp? How are you wearing your hair? What are you doing to maintain healthy hair and growth until you reaching your bra clasp?

GinuwinesBoo

Hi, i have about 4in to go. i make sure i shampoo and deep condition at least once a week, limit my heat, wrap my hair and sleep with a satin scarf everynight, keep my hair moist and oiled, massage my scalp, and occasionally were my hair curly and condition wash daily, and i rarely wear my hair down. thats all i can think of for now

ChasingBliss

Moisturize and seal with oil DAILY
Bun EVERY SINGLE day
Sleep in satin scarf
Regular hot oil treatiments, deep conditionings, no heat EVER
Wash every 4 days
Pay constant attention to my hairline, nape and ends
MSM, Multi, Flaxseed, vit C and enzymes for proper digestion
*Gallon of water a day (or damn near)
*Try to eat lots of veggies
*I eat at least 3 fruits a day
*Cardio 3 times a weak (been falling off lately though)

RESULTS
*I never have frizzy ends
*My nape hairs have grown to 4 1/2 inches, when they've never been more than an inch
*My hairline filled back in considerably
*length is being retained
*stronger strands

Ooops....Sorry, got carried away

mly3e

The comb is stuck.
<ul type="square"> Hot oil treatments every 2 weeks
Wash once a week with stimulating peppermint dandruff shampoo.
Conditioner wash once a week.
Deep condition weekly.
Baggie method for about 1 week out of the month.
Wear a bun for days at a time.
Massage scalp 1 or 2 times daily with back of vibrating brush.
Mist with distilled water.
Only use aloe vera activater gel for making buns.
Occasinally wear it out to let it breathe.
Continue taking supplements.
I wear a satin scarf on my hair at night and under my hats.

Sounds like a lot, but a lot of it is done at the same time or while doing something else. No extra time at all really.
[/list]

cutebajangirl

I am about 2 inches away and I wearing braids to take me over the hump. I make sure to keep them covered as much as possible and to not wear it in a ponytail so I don;t stress my edges.

amy1234

I'm just making sure that my hair feels and looks healthy on a daily basis. Other than that, I am washing weekly and deepconditioning weekly. During the days I wear my hair depending on how I feel to wear it (mostly down) I think that I'll be able to attain length with out forcing my self to wear protective styles.

DatJerseyDyme, I've gotta agree with you, it seems like its so close but yet so far.

cutebajangirl , if you dont mind me asking, what type of braids do you have in your hair? How long have you had them in? Are they damaging to your hair in any way?

I myself really dont like wearing protective styles because I love to wear my hair down. I wash twice a week using pantene moisturizing shampoo and smooth and sleek conditioner. I roller set my hair and go under a hooded dryer after every wash. The roller sets usually last from wash to wash.

silvergirl

i actually have a hair chart that i made myself that shows where i should be from month to month, i have a photo of myself an i marked down every half inch it would take me to get to waist length, so far im one inch an a half ahead of schedule

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
Mermaid0684 said:
DatJerseyDyme, I've gotta agree with you, it seems like its so close but yet so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

So true. I'm a little disappointed cuz I was hoping to be at bra-strap length by this month (my b-day month) but it didn't happen!!

I hope my hair hasn't reached it's max!!
It really seems to be creeping slowly now.
I'm due for a touchup next month and I'm so afraid that when my stylist trims my hair, I'm gonna be stuck at this same length (about 3 ins. from bra-strap) forever!! I'm really tempted to ask him not to trim at all, but at the same time, it will be 4 months since my last one, so I know that it's needed.
I think I'm going to beg him to cut only the teeniest bit from the back!!

Congrats on being a head of schedule! I set a goal on where I would want to be by the end of the school semester (it ends December 13) which is to be 2 1/2 inches above bra strap. Right now I'm 3 inches above it and i think I'll make me goal!!

skegeesmb

I am 3 inches away from my longest hair. The other hair is about 4-4.5 inches away (dreaded V-shape).

What I'm doing to get over the hump:

Bunning it 6 days out of the week.
Vaseline method
Wash 1 a week. Condition.
On the 4th week of washing my hair I do a protein reconstructor conditioner, and a deep conditioning treatment.

I use heat 1 a week. Sometimes I stretch that to 2 a month when I get lazy and don't wash right away.

I'm hoping to get over this hump. And hit top of braclasp by April 2004 which will be my goal length of 23".

Ire_manzi

I'm keeping my hair braided with extensions, moisturising with african pride braid spray, cleansing scalp every two to three days, sleep in a satin scarf, wash hair with shampoo every two weeks.
I take a liquid multi/mineral, evening primrose oil, multi enzyme,vitamin e, msm, ester C, drink 8 glasses of water, drink fresh vegetable and drink juices, eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, eat lots of fish and other protein rich foods, exercise four to six times a week.

RESULTS

skin has cleared up of little bumps and now glows
softer hair growth
increased hair growth(will measure after taking out braids)
feel energized

shinyblackhair

Well...I'm 3 inches away from the top of my bra strap. What I'm doing is basically just keeping my hair in protective styles (which for me is a bun). I'm taking my vitamins religously, and trying to up my water intake. I'm also thinking about doing a daily protein shake, most likely for breakfast. I am currently doing 2 washes per week, but I think I may go back to doing daily co washes to see if that makes a difference. Oil the ends and hair goes back up in the bun. I may do a bi-weekly rollerset for church. Of course tie my hair up at night. I haven't really set a date to reach bra strap per se, but if all goes well, I should be bra-strap by May or June. &lt;please, Lord&gt;

Mariaat40

I'm 3 inches above bra stap. I've been growing my hair out for quite a while but I had a lot of breakage at the crown and I've been trimming it to even it up. Now the back is all even. I conditioner wash 3 times a week and wash with shampoo once a week. I drink a protein shake once a day, as well as take my vitamins (silica, multi, msm, biotin), oil my ends everyday, and wear protective styles 75% of the time. I also wrap my hair at night and sleep with a scarf on.

cutebajangirl

Mermaid,
I have the hairline braided in small box braids/micros about 1/4 inch by 1/4 inch and the rest is weaved up in hair to match the braided extension hair (Outre Wet n Wavy).

WaterMoccasin

I'm not sure where I am now actually- it looks like I've gained 1 to 1 and a half inches since a month ago (and what's in my signature) BUT I recently got frustrated w/ how my hair was behaving and flat-ironed it...been losing hair/ends since...so let's just say I'm 2-3 inches away...
I'm getting my hands out of my hair by getting braids next week! Hopefully I can keep them until January (moisturizing, cleaning, surging of course, before and after). From there, buns/other protective styles/keep up w/ vitamins/take better care of my ends.
And NO heat until like, May (my boyfriend's graduation- I will let it all hang out)

Victorian

old head
I'm not sure how much farther, I guess about 4 inches to go. I know my hair is growing slowly but surely....I'm just trying to hang on to my ends for dear life.

I'm supposed to be washing once a week but I think my hair got used to the frequent washing over the summer so I always end up washing 2 or 3 times a week. I was trying to cut back on manipulation which is why originally I was trying to do once a week...I just love that fresh clean feeling.

I'm moisturizing and deep conditioning like crazy. Half of my bookshelf isn't even books...it's hair products

godzooki

I think I'm between 3 and a half to 4 inches away but not sure. It's hard to measure, especially now with 7wks newgrowth! I can touch brastrap if I lean my head back. I hope to reach it by June/July 04 meaning not a few hairs grazing but all hair! Good Luck to us all!

godzooki

forgot to say what I do....bun, bun, bun...I am tired of buns right now and I'm having fun doing to pig tail braids which I then pin up or cross wrap. I've been very lax on my vitamins but I'm working on getting back into the routine. I moisturize daily ( or every other day if I'm leaving the braids alone) with a combo of dist. water, UBHCM, and S-curl. I love this combination!

GinuwinesBoo

[ QUOTE ]
cutebajangirl said:
Mermaid,
I have the hairline braided in small box braids/micros about 1/4 inch by 1/4 inch and the rest is weaved up in hair to match the braided extension hair (Outre Wet n Wavy).

[/ QUOTE ]

that sounds like a really good idea, ill have to try that