Bra Strap Length...a dilemma. Pic included.

Suerte

Okay LHCF. Well...since cutting from WL to above SL and getting to SL and past SL to APL with you wonderful ladies tips and advice... I am now rethinking my December goal of BSL. Boundless Tresses got me from SL to APL since April!

BSL doesn't seem like an actual length to me. Depending on what type of bra I have on, or if I'm in the right size bra, or if I adjust my straps... my bra can be in a number of positions on my back.

First off...I'm a chunker...and secondly...my bra is a big ol' hefty 40E or 42DDD. My bra clasp in the back... is like 2 inches wide. Depending on what I'm eating... my back might be thicker or less thicker and that also causes bra strap placement issues.

:perplexed 2 inches of bra material in the back and then another 2 inches for variation in bra strap placement... that is almost a year of growth (4-6 inches) that could be mis measured.

Do you ladies use BSL as just an eyeballing measurement? Because it really is not accurate at all. I've seen people IN REAL LIFE that have ridiculously ill fitting bras that can be up in their armpits or down at their waistline. That is a whole torso full of variation.

^^^^ This is my non-sexy industrial strength bra. The metal clasps get caught in the washing machine so it's a little twisted and holding on by two hooks :lachen:

I'm confused. Should I keep my goal? Or should I go by inches? What is a good inches measurement to kinda capture BSL length?

Does this make sense?

Last edited:

Lucia

BSL can be confusing, there's just too many "versions" but just pick a physical spot on your body where you think you'd like to have you hair length and don't worry about the bra strap or where that is.
there is an official one and a site here they are. hth

http://www.ida.net/users/northstr/hairlength.html

Attachments

• PG13hairchart.jpg
    PG13hairchart.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 92

tsturnbu

i had that dilemma myself. try only to use one bra to determine lenght. use a bra that fits in the middle of your back (not extra tight so that it is extra high or extra loose which makes it droop lowr)

Suerte

Thank you for that image and the tips... same bra, huh? Grr... I swap out bras like twice a year or as soon as the cups start stretching.

Maybe I will keep the December goal and then change it to an inches goal. I dunno.

Why I gotta be 5'9''?

If I were 5'2'' or something... I'd prolly be at BSL already.

:wallbash:

Suerte

IMO
BSL is when your hair is even with the middle of your boobs
MBL is when your hair has past your boobs

Yes see, I was thinking nipple length.

But the bra band is BELOW the breasts.

So is a better name... "Right at the nipples length* or "Middle of the bra cup length*?

So then BSL would actually be a few inches above the back strap... unless someone's breasts are in an unfortunate situation :nono:

cocosweet

I thought I was the only one with this issue. The bra I first tried to measure my length in had to be retired. The new one I got sits lower. Grrrr. I think I may may claim BSL when my hair hits nipple length.

Could it be that BSL means where the adjustable bra straps begin and not where the bra band is?

SouthernTease

Yes see, I was thinking nipple length.

But the bra band is BELOW the breasts.

So is a better name... "Right at the nipples length* or "Middle of the bra cup length*?

So then BSL would actually be a few inches above the back strap... unless someone's breasts are in an unfortunate situation :nono:

:lachen:Yeah... I wanted to say nipple length but middle of boobs
seemed more kosher. I don't use a bra well because I'm nowhere
near BSL but I think if you're at least 2" past APL then you're definitely APL

Last edited:

Suerte

I wish I were better at taking pictures.

Admittedly I am trying to spare the world from my arm jiggle and the 2 lil fat rolls under my bra strap.

This underlayer of my hair is the shortest, so this is generally the part that I use to track my progress because the top part of my hair grows about 3/4-1 inch a month no matter WHAT I do to it. THe back part barely hits 1/2 inch w/o the help of TLC and great products.

I would like the underlayer of my hair to hit BSL and then I will claim it.

Bottom 1/3 of my hair:

Bottom 1/3 of my hair:

silvergirl

bsl length to me is where your boobs skin meets your chest wall underneath, that will never change regardless of how.... low your boobs go lol.

Suerte

bsl length to me is where your boobs skin meets your chest wall underneath, that will never change regardless of how.... low your boobs go lol.

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Okay so the crease underneath the breast.

Or... "the line at the bottom of your boobie" for my smaller busted friends.

meaganita

Thank you for that image and the tips... same bra, huh? Grr... I swap out bras like twice a year or as soon as the cups start stretching. Maybe I will keep the December goal and then change it to an inches goal. I dunno.

Why I gotta be 5'9''?

If I were 5'2'' or something... I'd prolly be at BSL already.

:wallbash:
Gurrlll I'm 5'11"+tax so I feel your pain!:lol: BSL lasted a long time for me partially my fault, but still. Anyway, I used the same bra for my measurement checks too...The brastrap sits comfortbably about 2.5 inches above the middle of my back.

This is a good question though, because I know some ladies consider BSL and MBL one in the same?:perplexed

Suerte

Gurrlll I'm 5'11"+tax so I feel your pain!:lol: BSL lasted a long time for me partially my fault, but still. Anyway, I used the same bra for my measurement checks too...The brastrap sits comfortbably about 2.5 inches above the middle of my back.

This is a good question though, because I know some ladies consider BSL and MBL one in the same?:perplexed

*bumping*

BSL/MBL.... hmm... yeah I always did kinda think they were the same.

I saw a girl at Wal Mart earlier who's APL hair wouldn't have even been SL on me...

Lil *** head, small *** frame... short *** height, LOL... her hair was really pretty and healthy looking and colored. I complimented her :yep:

Millahdoowop

That's how I would measure it too, if I were "bsl". Lift up the breasts and if your hair falls beneath that then you are cool.

FAMUDva

*bumping*

I saw a girl at Wal Mart earlier who's APL hair wouldn't have even been SL on me...

Lil *** head, small *** frame... short *** height, LOL... her hair was really pretty and healthy looking and colored. I complimented her :yep:

:lachen:I busted out laughing at this!

I'm holding it down for the "Lil *** head, small *** frame... short *** height" girls out there :) I guess that's one more reason to love being short. :yep:

Thanks for making me smile. :)

BTW: I'm at APL too.

dillard

BSL can be confusing, there's just too many "versions" but just pick a physical spot on your body where you think you'd like to have you hair length and don't worry about the bra strap or where that is.
there is an official one and a site here they are. hth

http://www.ida.net/users/northstr/hairlength.html

thanx for this link Lucia. I like the term "flip length" instead of shoulder length!! umm, whatsup with that fuzzy red one-sie that that dude has on?! :lachen::lachen::lachen: i am in tears here.

anyway, yeah, the crease under the boob is bsl imo. mbl is that same place for me too.

TLC1020

I swear you are talking about me, but I'm gonna let you slide with that one..:lachen:.. Too funny .. So I guess APL on me will be SL on you gals..

All the bra's that I wear are relatively low seeing that I'm 5'3", small frame and on the itty bitty titty committee, so I'll be using the same bras to measure BSL and MBL...

*bumping*

The Girl

IMO
BSL is when your hair is even with the middle of your boobs
MBL is when your hair has past your boobs

I see this has been corrected bc I was gonna say...heavy boobs hangjust a little lower then normal. Suerte thank you for asking bc yiu know I was wondering too. I may not be truly bras strap afterall....

oh ok that makes more sense to me.

SqrpioQutie

AHHHHH i never saw this post!!!!

ok... so what i'm going to end up doing is going home with a tape measure and tracking that measurement (boobie crease) all around and then see where i fall... that works so much better for me!!!...

thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Suerte for the bumpage!! :kiss: