How Many Eggs Will Equal.......

araceli2418

How many eggs do you think will equal a strong protein treatment? I'm talking about the Aphogee intense treatment that you sit under the dryer with. I realize I could just go out and buy it but I have a very small income and can't always afford to just run out and get a product. Besides that, if I can just whip something up in the kitchen that's going to be just as effective, I'd rather do that.

So how many eggs do you think? 5....8.....10?

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
Since the egg is pure protein, it seems as though you'd only need as many eggs as it takes to coat all your hair.

If you have mayonaise that's all egg and oil.

Christa438

I think you only need 1, I wouldn't use more than 2. I also prefer to just use real mayo when Im doing the homemade treatment.

araceli2418

I already use mayo in my twice a week DC. Am I using it too much? The mayo is mixed with other things, btw.

Keen

I use one. But I stil mix it with oil and cheapy conditioner. If I don't my hair get all hard. I don't like that. It works great for me. By the time I add the oil and conditioner (about a quarter of a cup each), there is enough to coat my entire hair. I put this on dry hair.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
I already use mayo in my twice a week DC. Am I using it too much? The mayo is mixed with other things, btw.

If you're not having any problems with your hair then you're probably ok. But if you're doing mayo dc's then egg protein is already a part of your regimen.

*Muffin*

Depends on the condition of your hair and what else it's mixed with. Personally I think it's fine to DC your hair up to twice a week as long as you do not upset the protein/moisture balance of your hair. If your hair starts feeling too mushy you may want to add protein to your mixes. If your hair is feeling rough and hard you may want to do a moisturizing treatment next DC.