Aphogee=Glorified Eggs?

ShiShiPooPoo

I did an Aphogee trtmt. today because my hair has been breaking at an alarming rate. As I applied it, I was put into the mindframe of eggs. It even smelled like eggs to me. I remember reading a post that egg is animal protein. Well, when I looked at the ingredients in Aphogee, the second ingredient is...drumroll please...ANIMAL PROTEIN! Couldn't you just use an egg, let it dry under the dryer, rinse and that's equivalent to your Aphogee trtmt? I would rather do this instead of spending money on something that is unnecessary.

God's Anointed

I actually tried just eggs and oil (minus the heat) on my hair for like 2 hours as a pre-poo and it hardened up just like aphogee. You can make a substitute but it will just take longer.

ShiShiPooPoo

I think I'm going to do this from now on. Couldn't I rinse with cool water in order to avoid the egg cooking? (Man, I love eggs:lick:)

remnant

I have another alternative: unflavored gelatin powder + egg + mayonnaise and it harden like aphogee too

bravenewgirl87

I did an Aphogee trtmt. today because my hair has been breaking at an alarming rate. As I applied it, I was put into the mindframe of eggs. It even smelled like eggs to me. I remember reading a post that egg is animal protein. Well, when I looked at the ingredients in Aphogee, the second ingredient is...drumroll please...ANIMAL PROTEIN! Couldn't you just use an egg, let it dry under the dryer, rinse and that's equivalent to your Aphogee trtmt? I would rather do this instead of spending money on something that is unnecessary.

DON'T SIT UNDER THE DRYER WITH EGG IN YOUR HAIR. FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST AND YOUR SCALP!!!

gone_fishing

Ok, I went to get my bottle....

The two step protein treatment I have has vegetable protein and urea amongst other things. I don't see anything that says animal protein.

Are there other ingredients in your bottle that wouldn't be in an egg that might benefit your hair?

ShiShiPooPoo

I had the pack and it says Deionized Water, Hydrolyzed Animal Protein, Magnesium Sulfate, etc.

I get the picture about the not sitting under the dryer:lachen:

Mahalialee4

I just add powdered egg yolk to my Le Kair cholesterol. I will do the same with powdered egg white soon as I get my hands on some. I then add aloe veral gel and a bit of oil. It works beautifully and I DO NOT SIT UNDER THE DRYER, lololol bonjour

adw425

I use gelatin, egg, aloe vera and oil (usually coconut or olive) too with molasses or honey. I also use whey protein powder (that I use for protein shakes), coconut milk, coconut milk powder, yogurt, soy milk whatever is handy in the kitchen, but these are "softer" proteins. I mix into a thick conditioner (some kind of cholesterol, Tresemme, SalonCare honey and almond or WR Tropical Coconut). Sometimes I run my ion handheld hair dryer over my head to harden it. I never had a problem with egg cooking in my head at all. I guess because I mix with conditioner. They all work wonderfully and, after rinsing out, my hair is never hard.