Which Is The Strongest, Most Effective, Protein Treatment?

Which Is The Strongest, Most Effective, Protein Treatment?

• Dominican Protein Conditioners

Votes: 8 4.7%
  • Store-Bought Protein Conditioners

Votes: 123 72.4%
  • Natural Hollistic Ingredients (Eggs, soy milk, etc.)

Votes: 23 13.5%
  • Your Own Mix

Votes: 16 9.4%

• Total voters

bravenewgirl87

Do you think that natural foods, such as eggs and milk, silk amino are the best protein? Or do you think that products such as Nexxus Emergencee or ApHrogee Reconstructor is the best way to go for protein. I'm thinking about giving myself a protein treatment, but I want something that will work.
I am thinking about going the dominican route, but...I'm scared( I'd rather an actual stylist do it).

I am thinking about doing some eggs and honey... but, I'm afraid it won't be strong enough. I know that Nexxus Emergencee are pretty strong and ApHrogee can be a hair killer (scared of it, too). which do you think is the best method for protein? Or maybe you mix between natural foods and chemicals? Its poll time!

Last edited:

Missi

for myself: the protein that showed a difference and improvement is: UBH Deep Conditioner....

....d for my sister: she never takes care of her hair but the conditioner I have her allows her to still achieve length: not matter how jacked up her hair looks: Cholesteral > 1 tbsp Evoo > 1 tsp peppermint oil > 1 egg

LABETT

Dudley DRC 28 is the best protein tx I have ever used and very effective.
I use it every 6 weeks and very important to follow up with a moisturizing conditioner.
I have used Nexxus Emergencee but it does not compare to DRC-28 which is more expensive but work every penny.

soslychic

I love aphogee. It's the only thing that noticeably stops breakage or me at least until it's time to use it again. As long as you don't agitate your hair in any way once it's dried and hard as a helmet, you should be fine ;)

hothair

soslychic said:
I love aphogee. It's the only thing that noticeably stops breakage or me at least until it's time to use it again. As long as you don't agitate your hair in any way once it's dried and hard as a helmet, you should be fine ;)
ITA!!!!!!!

bravenewgirl87

No one has a particular protein treatment that they love the best? Wheat Germ, Wale Skeet, Aphogee, or Eggs and Mayo?:look::perplexed

21Trixie

I like mixing an egg with ORS Mayo.

I leave it on for about an hour and thirty minutes. I clarify before I shampoo to ensure all of the egg and smell is gone. I then follow with a moisturizing conditioner. My hair comes out pretty strong, yet soft.

I am considering using something else b/c I really don't like the smell of eggs (while it's in my hair). The application also can be a bit messy.

I would like to know where do you purchase the dudley DRC-28 as well. Also, what is the consistency like?

Empress Yahudah

To Me Dudley's DRC is the best of the mega strong protiens...This helped me through die and bleach abuse on my hair ..but now that my hair is healthy its to strong for me so I use Mega Tek every other week for maintenance and Lamaur Bone marrow on re-touch day.

Afrolinda

21Trixie said:
I like mixing an egg with ORS Mayo.

I leave it on for about an hour and thirty minutes. I clarify before I shampoo to ensure all of the egg and smell is gone. I then follow with a moisturizing conditioner. My hair comes out pretty strong, yet soft.

I am considering using something else b/c I really don't like the smell of eggs (while it's in my hair). The application also can be a bit messy.

I would like to know where do you purchase the dudley DRC-28 as well. Also, what is the consistency like?

I do the same thing and it works pretty well.

ravenmerlita

I've used Aphogee, DRC-28, Kerastase VitaCiment and a product called BioLustre and find that they all work really well. Aphogee is the easiest to find in local stores.

I've also used eggs, milk and yogurt. I found the store-bought protein treatments to be much more effective.

I am really a huge fan of Paul Mitchell's hair repair treatment which i started using about a month ago and it seems brilliant,, I have tried Emergencee , K-pak , Redken etc and nothing seems to work as well as the Paul Mitchell which ive never seen mentioned here,, ppl go out and give this a try!!

Cleve_gryl

I voted Own Mix since henna wasn't in the poll. I do a henna treatment once a month and this seems to do the trick for me!! I've used Emergencee before and it worked really well, but henna seems to leave my strands much stronger and I also get a nice sheen from it.

bravenewgirl87

Ravenhairbellydancer said:
I am really a huge fan of Paul Mitchell's hair repair treatment which i started using about a month ago and it seems brilliant,, I have tried Emergencee , K-pak , Redken etc and nothing seems to work as well as the Paul Mitchell which ive never seen mentioned here,, ppl go out and give this a try!!

Which one?

gymfreak336

Duo Tex by softsheen; this is a liquid conditioner and it comes in a big bottle for 5-6 bucks. It's practically pure collagen protein.

SpiritJunkie

i love:love: :love: aphogee...this is what i used at the start of my hair regimen and my hair has done a big turn around.

i want to try dudleys as well..not that aphogee doesn't work but just t try something new.

DRC 28 then Aphogee. If you cant get the DRC, you should not loose sleep over it if your are using Aphogee. It works 85% as well and is 85% less expensive.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I love Aphoghee and thought it couldn't get any better until I tried Vitale Pro Triple Blend Reconstucter I :love: this stuff and will only be using Aphoghee every 6 months now. Hopefully I will continue to have great progress and results.

BrooklynSouth

APHOGEE 2 step, APHOGEE 2 minute {weekly as needed}, APHOGEE reconstructer, DUO-TEX, HENNA all in rotation. Best so far has been APHOGEE 2 step. I was so scared of it at first but once a month is result positive.

gymfreak336

BrooklynSouth said:
APHOGEE 2 step, APHOGEE 2 minute {weekly as needed}, APHOGEE reconstructer, DUO-TEX, HENNA all in rotation. Best so far has been APHOGEE 2 step. I was so scared of it at first but once a month is result positive.
Yay, another duo tex user. I like the aphogee two step but it stinks:ohwell:

HoneyDew

I think Aphogee, but it is just too drying for me. It takes 2 or 3 shampoo and deep condition rounds to get me back to normal moisture levels.

I think I am going to stick with using lighter proteins more often.

GoldenBreeze

HoneyDew said:
I think Aphogee, but it is just too drying for me. It takes 2 or 3 shampoo and deep condition rounds to get me back to normal moisture levels.

I think I am going to stick with using lighter proteins more often.

That probably works just as well. Maybe you can use the Aphrogee just a couple of times a year. Do you have the same problem when you use a different brand of strong protein (Emergencee, DRC 28, etc)?

Last edited:

♦K.O♦

The strongest thing that I use now is Henna. Other strong protein treatments do nothing for my hair. My hair prefers to get little bits of protein all of the time, instead of one big bang of protein every once in a while.