How Long Would A 4lbs Jar of Relaxer Last?

B

ballet_bun

I get to fly home soon ... yeahhh. My plan is to buy a 4lbs jar of Affirm Fiber Guard to bring back with me. HOw long would such a thing last? How should it be stored? I'm wondering if I should get enough to last me for two years. but my concern is that it would not be good after that long.

Thanks In Advance!

Ballet Bun ....
rosebud.gif

I think it would be difficult for anyone to answer that question because there are numerous factor that would determine how long it would last.

1. The thickness of your hair.
2. How often you relax.
3. How liberal you apply it.
4. How fast your hair grows.

For me, that much relaxer would go bad by the time I use it all.

[ QUOTE ]
I think it would be difficult for anyone to answer that question because there are numerous factor that would determine how long it would last.

1. The thickness of your hair.
2. How often you relax.
3. How liberal you apply it.
4. How fast your hair grows.

For me, that much relaxer would go bad by the time I use it all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Answer:
#1 my new growth is really thick
#2 I relax every 3 months, but I'm considering stretching it to 4 months
#3 I apply it too liberally sometimes
#4 I get 1 inch a month in some spots in other 1/2 inch.

It's a no base relaxer so it doesn't need to be mixed wtih an "activator". It's just applied. I guess I could just figure out how much is in a normal jar(kit), and do the math from there!

Ballet Bun ...
rosebud.gif

[ QUOTE ]
OT but what's the price of it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I called and I think they said 46.00 for the one I want. I thought about an 8pound jar, but I'm wondering if that's just way too much.

Ballet Bun ...
rosebud.gif

Relaxers do loose their potency over time so if you do keep it a long period of time may I suggest a strand test as the relaxer gets older.

My neice has stored a large tub of Motion in a cool place while using it longer than a 2 year period and it was still good.

Back