How Long Is Too Long?

araceli2418

I make my own deep conditioner and I DC 2x a week. I hate sitting under a dryer so I slap it on, put on a plastic cap and go about doing other things.

I normally leave it on for at least an hour, maybe 1 1/2 hour. If I leave it on for 2 hours or even 3 is that too long?

LongCurlyLocks

I was wondering about this too. I leave my MT and oil mix on about 45 minutes to an hour. I don't want to overwhelm my hair....

longhairdreamzz

I don't think that 3hrs is long at all....I usually DC or pre-poo over night or leave it on my hair for the whole day but I always go under the dryer, even if it's for just 10 minutes. :)

Toy

I Have been using the MT for about 3 Mths now and I leave mine on til the next wash and that is about 3 days.

jahzyira

I make my own deep conditioning mix as well and the length of time i leave it on depends. If im using more protein ill jus leave it on for a few hrs and let the natural heat from my scalp build up under my plastic cap, but if its a moisturizing deep condition, then i def leave it on for 6 or more hrs especially when i use lots of honey, evoo, and ceramides. If i notice dryness and breakage i leave it on overnight sometimes resulting in the softest shiniest hair ive ever had!

mili

Hi Toy

How are using the MT, if you are leving it in until wash day? What's the process?

Thanks

Milli