how long do your half wigs last?

lwilliams1922

how long do your half wigs last?

I need some help. I'm at APL but have been struggling to get to BSL. I would like to try wigging it this winter. So far I have 2 synthetic half wigs.

I like them but I want to know how much wear people get from both synthetic and human hair wigs.

Right now I only wear them about once a week and don't sleep in them. The longer one looks good but in the back where it lays on my back and shoulder I notice it mats more each time I wear it. The layers that are on top still look fine.

SYNTHETIC INSTANT LACE TOP HZ-T004 https://www.hairsisters.com/ver2/ViewDetail.php?product_id=7540

I would like to buy another for the collection but I'm trying to decide if I should go for the 2 for 1 synthetic sale hair sisters or go for a human hair unit ($50 or less).

so can you chime in and let me know how long units last both synthetic and human?

should I go for 2 cheaper synthetics or 1 human hair?

thanks

Shoediva

I loved wearing half wigs, I used to buy the synthetic. They have so many cute styles and synthetic is so much more affordable. I would replace mine, when the hair didnt have that bounce and swing to it no more.

Perhaps you can interchange between the synthetic & human hair to get the most wear out of al of them.

kandake

I've only worn the synthetics. I mostly like curly styles. Those usually last me anywhere from two weeks to a month. It just depends on how much I fuss with them and how quickly they mat. I where them everyday. Since they are so cheap I don't have any problems buying a new one if need be.

My straight hair wig lasted much longer

lwilliams1922

I've only worn the synthetics. I mostly like curly styles. Those usually last me anywhere from two weeks to a month. It just depends on how much I fuss with them and how quickly they mat. I where them everyday. Since they are so cheap I don't have any problems buying a new one if need be.

My straight hair wig lasted much longer

I guess I want to know the better value.
If a synthetic can last 2-4 weeks and can cost $20.
How much longer would a human hair wig last?

btw. my first unit has a loose curl and about BST. the 2nd is moslty straight and sholder length.
I've only worn the 2nd one a couple of times and I can't tell how long it will last but It doesnt appear to be matting so far. - I do miss the body/curls though.

Last edited:

locabouthair

I wear synthetic half wigs and I wear them every day. I dont sleep in them and as soon as I get home, I take it off.

Mine last me about a month before thye start looking worn.

kandake

I guess I want to know the better value.
If a synthetic can last 2-4 weeks and can cost $20.
How much longer would a human hair wig last?

btw. my first unit has a loose curl and about BST. the 2nd is moslty straight and sholder length.
I've only worn the 2nd one a couple of times and I can't tell how long it will last but It doesnt appear to be matting so far. - I do miss the body/curls though.

Oh ok. Well, I've never worn a human hair wig. But I remember reading in some threads that the HH wasn't worth the cost because it didn't last much longer than the synthetic.

Last edited:

lwilliams1922

Oh ok. Well, I never worn a human hair wig. But I remember reading in some threads that the HH wasn't worth the cost because it didn't last much longer than the synthetic.

That's good to know. I had a lace front a few years back. It lasted quite a while, even with wearing it to bed. It was also $200.

Another reason to look at human hair was to be able to curl it.

Here is another question....
Are all synthetics created equal? are there some brands/units that hold up especially well?

Chicagodiva

Mine last about a month with daily wear. I also spray it with a synthetic hair weave leave in conditioner most nights when I brush it out to prepare for the next day.

kandake

That's good to know. I had a lace front a few years back. It lasted quite a while, even with wearing it to bed. It was also $200.

Another reason to look at human hair was to be able to curl it.

Here is another question....
Are all synthetics created equal? are there some brands/units that hold up especially well?

You know what. I wanted to get a HH wig so that I could have the option of curling it. I was discouraged by people saying it didn't last long. I may revisit that.

I don't think they're all created equal. But I don't know which ones are better than others. I personally like Outre. It was the first brand I tried. I was pleased with them so I never ventured to other brands.

Hopefully someone who's had more experience with different brands can chime in as well.

GreenD

Yeah I have to agree with the other ladies. I wear synthetic wigs (curly styles) every single day (no sleeping in them) and they last me a month. So I don't mind spending like $30 a month on a new wig. I think I'll only be wearing them in the fall/winter months any way.

As for the brands I stick with Glance and that's because I always get the same style wig. As for curling your wigs, you can curl synthetic (so I've heard, but never done myself), but it has to be on a very low setting and I don't think you can hold the curling iron on it for long. I also read that you can put rollers in it and dip in in warm water to ensure the hair takes on the shape of the roller.

Last edited:

lwilliams1922

You know what. I wanted to get a HH wig so that I could have the option of curling it. I was discouraged by people saying it didn't last long. I may revisit that.

I don't think they're all created equal. But I don't know which ones are better than others. I personally like Outre. It was the first brand I tried. I was pleased with them so I never ventured to other brands.

Hopefully someone who's had more experience with different brands can chime in as well.

I THINK my lace fronts lasted about a year. I ordered them directly from a factory in China. I don't want to drop $200 for a wig right now but I wonder if there is something that would last as long.

I think I will pick up a couple synthetics on sale though. I'm HOPING that if I get a shorter style (shoulder length) that might keep it nice longer.

ajoyfuljoy

If I wear everyday I keep it for 4 weeks. If I keep it longer and wear on the weekends, maybe 6 months. I maintain mine, keep them washed and moussed/wig sprayed up and cut tangled strands when necessary in order to maintain the style.

lolascurls

I have a human hair halfd wig and I don't think that it lasts much longer than the synthetic ones. It lost it's shape really quickly. :perplexed

I like half-wigs as long as I can use no-heat styles for the leaev-out hair!:weird:

lwilliams1922

If I wear everyday I keep it for 4 weeks. If I keep it longer and wear on the weekends, maybe 6 months. I maintain mine, keep them washed and moussed/wig sprayed up and cut tangled strands when necessary in order to maintain the style.

you can wash a synthetic?