How long did it take you to go from SL to APL?

MsLizziA

So i haven't length checked my hair since Feb and i was SL then.

I figure by my next nappiversary i should be APL but i honestly don't believe its going to take a whole year for me to reach that goal esp since i will be PSn my way there. :look:

How long did it take you to go from SL to APL?

LunadeMiel

It took me about 8 months to get from SL to APL. There is a large distance from my shoulders to armpits :(

Last edited:

bimtheduck

I had just cut my hair to shoulder length when i decided to grow it back out. I started in HHJ in July of 2009 and I reached APL in Feb/March. 2010. So like 9 months.

Melaninme

I don't remember how long it took me the first time. I'll search my files for old pictures then post the time frame. Great inspiration thread!

Nonie

It'll probably take me an eon. I refuse to PS coz I'm too lazy to be bothered and my belief is that once your hair gets acquainted with your shoulders, the ends become more susceptible to damage from friction with your clothes, so retention becomes a tall order. Hence PSing is one way to lessen the time it takes to get to APL. So is sealing your ends to keep them "safe". I don't do that either. So check back with me in about ten years. :lol:

aquajoyice

I recently cut up to about an 1" above APL and plan on being at BSL by December at the latest Feb. So I would say you can reach APL from SL in about 6-8 months.

Triniwegian

I am just at APL right now and I have been anticipating like crazy and now it doesn't even look like anything has happened...
Anyway, it took me a year to get to get here and I was CONSTANTLY bunning: I am tall, my APL is a short woman's BSL *shrug*

chasturner84

I'm soooo jealous of the ladies here. I've been at it for almost 14 months! I'm a slow grower but I do retain most, if not all, of what I grow. :perplexed I guess it doesn't help that SL to APL is a good distance apart because of my height.:rolleyes: Goods news is that BSL is barely 3 inches from APL :grin: and is actually MBL

Last edited:

bimtheduck

For the ladies that reached APL in 6 months, were you grazing or were you full APL?
I know it waited until I full APL and my hair touched in the front and the back. I just wanted to make sure I was really APL.

LovelyNaps26

i'm 5'9" and i'd say b/n 6-8 months. it was in the beginning of my HHJ so i did everything ot a "t". I took biotin for the first 2 months ( i had to stop 'cause my skin broke out), i did not trim, DC'd with every wash (i can't remember the last time i did that) and only wore my hair in protective styles. it was winter so i used castor oil a lot and baggied. that may also have contributed to retention.

i think that with protective styling and daily moisturizing you'll be posting a "How long did it take you to go from APL to BSL?" thread in the fall. LOL.

BGT

I cut my BSL to NL/SL January 2008 and kept it that length until I started my HHJ October 2008. I reached APL in April 2010.

coolsista-paris

well im not there yet but it feels like ive been sl for ages!

maybe by december...I HOPE !
plus, like austo-afrikana: ive got a long neck and a long back! im gonna wait....

bride91501

It seems like I can't read. This thread title said from SL to APL. I thought it said to get to APL in general :lol:

OMG- you went from 3" to APL in 18 months??? There is hope for a recent BCer like me! I had 3" at my BC on 5/31/10, and I can't even IMAGINE being APL. I've never even had chin length hair before lol.

Pray for me :grin: and thanks for the inspiration!

Last edited:

brittle_hair

While it took me a while (approximately 8 months), APL to BSL only took 2 months.

I've always had the impression that once you make it to APL it's plain sailing for the rest of the goals.. Mainly cos your reg should be on lock by then and you can do a wider range of protective styles, plus no-ones gonna notice all the regrowth from stretches cos you have all the length to draw attention away from it.

RubyWoo

For the ladies that reached APL in 6 months, were you grazing or were you full APL?
I know it waited until I full APL and my hair touched in the front and the back. I just wanted to make sure I was really APL.

I'm curious about this as well. Also, are you ladies measuring APL from your nape or from your crown?

4evershika

Not APL yet but I'm hoping to be APL by the early fall which will put me at 8 or 9 months from the time I made SL