HOW IMPORTANT IS DRINKING WATER TO HAIR HEALTH??

Wolftrap

I'm just curious because I HATE
drinking water. I don't know why but I just don't like it. I never have and so I never drink it. But I was talking to my friend talking about how I'm doing all this stuff for my hair to grow and she told me "Well you might as well give up because you don't drink water" Is this true? Will your hair not grow if you don't drink water? I hope not. I know water has other benefits but how important is water to growing your hair?

dreemssold

I think it's crucial
. The thing is, you have to moisturize from both ends, externally and internally. Plus, it's good for your skin and your health. I really think you ought to try drinking as much as you can stand. Have you tried drinking water at room temperature? I know that when I drink cold water only, I can usually only manage a few bottles a day. When I drink it at room temperature, I barely notice how much I drink, and there's no stopping me
, lol. HTH

Isis

I believe it is most important. Water is life. We are made up mostly of water. Besides keeping us alive and healthy, water moisturizes our skin and hair from the inside out. I would say if we don't drink water, we won't be around to see what effect it has on our hair. So it is very important. One interesting website I've posted before can be found at www.watercure2.com.

debyjay

Re: HOW IMPORTANT IS DRINKING WATER TO HAIR HEALTH

Yea, drink up! I don't like it either but there is nothing I won't do for my hair so gulp, gulp.

WesternEyes

I agree, drinking water at room temp is so much easier. I drink a lot more. Water has great effects on my hair and skin.

Wolftrap

Aww..you ladies are only confirming it. I have tried everything. Flavored water and everything else I just can't and room temperature for me just won't work. If I do happen to drink water it has to be ice cold. So really your hair will not grow if you don't drink water?

Kalani

Yes, drinking at room temperature definitely helps. Also, adding some freshly squeezed lemons helps, IMO. Just carry a bottle around with you all the time and trust me, you'll be sipping that thing subconsciously(especially in the summer).

NubianAngel

Aside from how important water is for overall health, I just have this feeling that it makes no sense to take vitamins and suppliments if I don't drink enough water for them to be utilized. The same reactions I want to assist in my body by giving it sufficient vitamins, amino acids and sulfur use water as a solvent, so why not give it that too?

Wolftrap

I think I can do a bottle of water a day. That is like nothing though. and most of the time I can't do that. I bought a bottle at lunch time and right now it is 4:20pm here. This bottle is halfway gone and it was purchased at 12pm!! That's a 1/2 bottle in 4 hours.

A_Christian

I agree with adding lemon slices, that always works for me. Carrying a water bottle around with you is a good idea as well. I used to hate water but since the first hydrochallenge it doesn't bother me so much. Also, you have to make sure you get at least a little bit of water everyday not just for hair growth but for health. I've heard many times that not drinking enough water can cause kidney problems later in life.

Wolftrap

I know I drink the hell out of some cranberry juice. I practically live off of that stuff. Can this be a water supplement? Or is this bad for you kindneys?

Isis

[ QUOTE ]
Wolftrap said:
Aww..you ladies are only confirming it. I have tried everything. Flavored water and everything else I just can't and room temperature for me just won't work. If I do happen to drink water it has to be ice cold. So really your hair will not grow if you don't drink water?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not only will your hair not grow, you will not live long if you don't drink water!

for drinking some water today Wolftrap! Someone posted on the Health board about flavors you can buy for your water that contain no harmful chemicals or sweeteners. I can't remember off hand what it was but I'll check. Oh, I just realized you don't do flavored water. Well, I would say retrain yourself to drink water and make it a habit. Besides living, having healthy growing hair is a great incentive to continue to drink water each day. On the link I shared they recommend 1/2 your body weight in ounces each day for ideal health.

Isis

Water pills are diuretics, which drains whatever water is in the body. So in your case they will dehydrate you even more than you already are. Very dangerous.

Wolftrap

[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
Water pills are diuretics, which drains whatever water is in the body. So in your case they will dehydrate you even more than you already are. Very dangerous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks I didn't know that. Look at me. Anything but to drink some water.

Isis

[ QUOTE ]
Wolftrap said:
I know I drink the hell out of some cranberry juice. I practically live off of that stuff. Can this be a water supplement? Or is this bad for you kindneys?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've learned that cranberry juice is excellent for the kidneys, to get them to heal and work properly. Maybe that's why you drink so much of it and enjoy it. It could be what is saving your kidneys, for the time being. It is not a water supplement though - there is no replacement for water. We all must have water.

iwantlongerhair

I understand what you mean WOlftrap, I hate water but I absolutely love cranberry juice. I'm going to start trying to drink more water this weekend especially since I've started back on my vitamins.

G

[ QUOTE ]
Wolftrap said:
I'm just curious because I HATE
drinking water. I don't know why but I just don't like it. I never have and so I never drink it. But I was talking to my friend talking about how I'm doing all this stuff for my hair to grow and she told me "Well you might as well give up because you don't drink water" Is this true? Will your hair not grow if you don't drink water? I hope not. I know water has other benefits but how important is water to growing your hair?

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl, I can't stress enough about how important it is to drink plenty of water. It hydrates everything in your body including your hair. It is so important to healthy hair and growth. With out it you hair will lack luster, and life. Dry brittle hair is dead and dull...then it just breaks off.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
[ QUOTE ]
Wolftrap said:

[/ QUOTE ]

When I was younger, I hardly ever drunk water and my hair still grew long. I didnt start drinking water until I turned 20 (which is my age right now).

G

[ QUOTE ]
A_Christian said:
I agree with adding lemon slices, that always works for me. Carrying a water bottle around with you is a good idea as well. I used to hate water but since the first hydrochallenge it doesn't bother me so much. Also, you have to make sure you get at least a little bit of water everyday not just for hair growth but for health. I've heard many times that not drinking enough water can cause kidney problems later in life.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right about this. A friend of a friend is now on kidney treatments because of his lack of water intake. Water is so important. I also bought a bottle of lemon juice and add little squirts to each glass that I drink.

Wolftrap

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl, I can't stress enough about how important it is to drink plenty of water. It hydrates everything in your body including your hair. It is so important to healthy hair and growth. With out it you hair will lack luster, and life. Dry brittle hair is dead and dull...then it just breaks off.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny because my hair is not dry brittle, dull or breaking off. But this is what I would expect it to be like being that I don't drink water. Maybe it just hasn't caught up to me yet. I really think the cranberry juice is saving me. Something is because I drink absolutly ZERO water. I am going to try and do something about this though.

kitchen_tician

I too had this problem. I added a little bit of cranberry juice to help with the taste and eventually weened myself from adding the cranberry juice.

Ex: 7 oz water
1/2 oz of cranberry juice

Wolftrap

hmm....I never thought about adding cranberry juice to it. I will try that.

Have any of you ever tried Vitamin Water? I see it in the stores all the time it comes in different colors. How is that?

kitchen_tician

[ QUOTE ]
Wolftrap said:
hmm....I never thought about adding cranberry juice to it. I will try that.

Have any of you ever tried Vitamin Water? I see it in the stores all the time it comes in different colors. How is that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never tried vitamin water, but flavored waters are yucky to me. They have a weird afertast.

Boadicea

I drink 100 oz of water a day (I have a 20 oz Aquafina bottle that I fill up 5 times a day) and my hair naturally grows a half inch a month whether or not I drink that much water.

A_Christian

I am sorry to hear about his health problems. Additionally, something that works for me is to reward myself with a drink I really like such as cranberry juice etc... but only after I drink some water first.

patience

Your hair is going to grow regardless. However, IT and your body will be healthier if you drink more water. Since you don't drink water, what do you drink?

Wolftrap

you know patience that's what I think too. I don't think I have had a problem with growth because of me not drinking water. I do know that it benefits your body inside and out but I honestly don't believe my hair will not grow because of it.

xandra

One thing that I wanted to note about water intake and cranberry juice. It is better to get cranberry juice that is not mixed with a bunch of sugar (i.e. fructose, sucrose etc.) It adds a lot of calories and your body does have to break the additives down! Also, for any coffee drinkers and this goes for sodas too-you are supposed to drink an extra cup of water for every soda or cup of coffee you drink. I've read this before and subsequently saw a health report on the news about a year ago about how drinking water helps lubricate you (for lack of another word) on the inside. Meaning muscles, HEART, and all internal organs benefit from a healthy intake of water. Not trying to be gross here, but colon health is promoted by water as well. Please Wolftrap, try and get used to drinking water, because there is nothing better (not cranberry juice, coffee etc.). Believe me, I love pepsi so much from a little girl on. My mom drank it and my grandmother drank it constantly. It was only when I learned the damaging affects on my insides (kidneys especially) that I, hehe, "cut down" and added water to my daily regimen. We used to joke that I was breast fed pepsi from the get go!