I just burned my scalp with boiling water, PLEASE HELP!!

BonBon

Please dont ask how the water got to my scalp but I was trying to seal my braids by myself and bent over the wash basin with boiling water and part of my scalp went in:cry:

It still tingles, has anyone else burned their scalp in any way and what happens after. Does it affect your hair growth. And what about my actual hair that got in the hot water.

Im so dumb sometimes :sad:

Twisties

Aww, poor thing. You might want to go to the doctor just to be safe. It happens sometimes with that boiling water...I have gotten to close to steam from the water before and that was not fun:nono:!

I hope you're ok.

BonBon

I have found something to put on it for now but the doctor said I can come in today so he can have a look:perplexed, Im too scared to look at it:sad:

kandegirl

Sorry this happened. I burned a portion of my scalp with hot oil and it made a clean spot. It took a while but the hair started growing back but it happened in my crown area and that has been giving me problems anyway. But hopefully scalp massages w/ aloe vera may help. Also try some colorless iodine (CVS-in the hispanic section by the soaps and lotions). And apply it every other day. And oil on the off days.

Lady Esquire

I would apply some sort of burn ointment on there. Maybe your local pharmacist can prescribe an over-the-counter med that will work. And just to be safe, go to the doctor, as some of the others have suggested.

I really hope you're okay, mami. :bighug:

Healthb4Length

ITA with OPs. Next time when you seal your braids with boiling water try using a long cylinder shaped cup, like a big coffee cup, you have more control that way. I used to use a basin too until I accidently spilled some hot h2o on my shoulders and side of my face. Aloe vera gel should be good but if you feel it's bad then you should see your doctor.

BonBon

Thanks everyone, I put some cream on it and it feels better already. I have to wait to see what happens with my hair because its in braids:look: