How hard is a sew-in??? Setting lotion recs.

P

patient1

Hi All,

An acquaintance of mine wants me to create an afro look for her. Her hair is long (almost bsl) and relaxed so a sew-in weave seems like the best option.

I guess another possibility is a tight strawset that is fluffed out.

Finally, I could cornrow her front and then she can pop on a fall or i can sew the tracks into the back.

Anyway, I'm thinking of cornrowing her hair into a spiral and then sewing in tracks that have the texture she desires. Then I'm gonna straight razor the lower tracks to layer if necessary.

When it comes to my hair I have ain't nothing to it, but to do it approach.

Any advice? Setting lotion recommendations if I go the straw set approach?

TIA,
P1

glamazon386

patient1 said:
Hi All,

An acquaintance of mine wants me to create an afro look for her. Her hair is long (almost bsl) and relaxed so a sew-in weave seems like the best option.

I guess another possibility is a tight strawset that is fluffed out.

Finally, I could cornrow her front and then she can pop on a fall or i can sew the tracks into the back.

Anyway, I'm thinking of cornrowing her hair into a spiral and then sewing in tracks that have the texture she desires. Then I'm gonna straight razor the lower tracks to layer if necessary.

When it comes to my hair I have ain't nothing to it, but to do it approach.

Any advice? Setting lotion recommendations if I go the straw set approach?

TIA,
P1

It's not hard. Personally, I'd go with the weave. It'll last longer but the strawset will take less time. How long does she plan on keeping the style?

P

patient1

Hey Bmore:

Am I glad to see you!! I don't know how she plans to wear her hair to be honest. I just know she said that my fro made her want an afro type style. This was last weekend and today she called to ask me if I could do it.

We're supposed to meet up on Saturday morning to purchase the hair. I used to help a roommate glue in/remove tracks years ago. I remember her hair was always cornrowed. I know glue is a BBBBiiiiGGGG no-no and figure that I can handle sewing it in with a little patience and confidence.

Bemore, do you do all of your own weaves? Any top 10 tips?

I'm off to look at your album.

p1