How does your FHI compare to other flat irons?

zzirvingj

For those that have used both an FHI and any other type/brand of flat iron, how would you say your experience using the FHI compares to other irons? Your likes/dislikes?

TIA :drunk:

HoneyDew

For those that have used both an FHI and any other type/brand of flat iron, how would you say your experience using the FHI compares to other irons? Your likes/dislikes?

TIA :drunk:

I have one of the old generation FHI irons - 207RVI and I love it. The only one I can compare it to is my pink Solia - they both are about the same! The cord on my FHI gets tangle sometimes, though.

I did try the 1.5 inch Sedu and I did not like it. Something just was not right. It did not straighten me as well because I had to turn down the temp. The temp that would get me straight was just TOO hot. I sold it.

My FHI is old and I bought an H2Pro ro replace it - same iron!! Also the Sally's GVP iron is the same as the FHI 207rvi.

I would love to try the new FHI irons but I don't want to spend that much. I think the prices will go down one day just like the old FHIs did.

zzirvingj

I have one of the old generation FHI irons - 207RVI and I love it. The only one I can compare it to is my pink Solia - they both are about the same! The cord on my FHI gets tangle sometimes, though.

I did try the 1.5 inch Sedu and I did not like it. Something just was not right. It did not straighten me as well because I had to turn down the temp. The temp that would get me straight was just TOO hot. I sold it.

My FHI is old and I bought an H2Pro ro replace it - same iron!! Also the Sally's GVP iron is the same as the FHI 207rvi.

I would love to try the new FHI irons but I don't want to spend that much. I think the prices will go down one day just like the old FHIs did.

Does your old FHI have temp control? Do the new ones have temp control?

zzirvingj

Does the FHI seem to emit smoke (or steam) at all? My only experience with the FHI was at the salon and it was great. But I did notice it was smoking (or should I say "steaming"...?), LOL. Not a whole lot, but moderate. My hair didn't smell like smoke, either. So it made me wonder if all FHI's did this...

HoneyDew

Does the FHI seem to emit smoke (or steam) at all? My only experience with the FHI was at the salon and it was great. But I did notice it was smoking (or should I say "steaming"...?), LOL. Not a whole lot, but moderate. My hair didn't smell like smoke, either. So it made me wonder if all FHI's did this...

I don't get smoke unless I have it up too high and/or have too much product on my hair - but that is with any iron.

I gave my mom one and she did not keep it clean. I notice that her's was smoking and smelled like one of those cheap gold curling iron, as a result. :nono: I cleaned it up for her and it was much better.