For those who own an FHI...

zzirvingj

What model FHI iron do you have?

How does it compare to any other flat irons you've used before?

Are you relaxed or natural?

Lastly, would you recommend a particular model? I am unsure of how much I should expect to pay for an FHI and what differences there are in the different models (I saw one FHI iron for $95 and another for $195 on folica's website)

ChocalateDiva

I have an FHI.....um......not sure of the model. Im at work I will have to look when I get to the house. It has red plates......

pink gator

I have a pink one, no variable temperature settings. I think it's a Technique.

It gets hella hot, though; I have to be careful with relaxed hair.

When my hair was natural, it straightened my hair REAL nice. Try that Hot Sauce that FHI sells. It's really good.

It's a good iron overall, though.

pink gator

Oh I paid $79 for it at Ulta. It was on sale from $99.

If you can hold out till the holidays, get one then. Nice sales and models available.

LoveLiLi

I have the 302 RVI. I like it better than other irons I've had in the past. I've tried the Maxi Glide (too bulky), a Jilbere flat iron, a flat iron by Hot Tools and another by Babyliss. The last two left my hair feeling dry and it still looked frizzy. I also tried a cheapie Conair flat iron that I kept at my ex's house for hair emergencies :sekret:. That one is not even worthy of a review.

My FHI has variable heat settings, it doesn't snag my hair like the other flat irons did, and it gets my hair salon straight.

Cien

Pink is my signature color
I have the one with the red plates....variable temperature purchased from Folica. 1 inch.

307RV...or something like that. Let me check the site..

I was sold when I saw some pics that Sistaslick posted a couple of years ago, when she flat ironed her and her mom's hair..... I just had to have it!

And I love it!

ETA:

okay...it's the 207RVI 1 inch.

btw..I also have a MaxiglideMP, however I haven't taken it out of the box.

Oh...I'm relaxed.

one more thing...I paid about $89 for mine at the time. There was a special going on.
-----------

alright...no more edits. lol

Last edited:

LoveLiLi

Oh yeah, I got my FHI at Beauty First for a little less than $100. It was originally around $130 or $140, but they gave me a coupon when I got there. You can also find it cheaper on the internet. I got my first FHI (I broke it after dropping it repeatedly) on the internet and the price was in the low 90's.

They were both 302 RVI's.

mrsmeredith

I have the 207rvi and I love it. It doesn't compare to the others I've used in the past. It gets my hair silky straight. Yes I can curl with it as well. Tight curls or spiral curls, it works like a charm. When I first purchased it I did not use it properly and hated it but I took it to the salon with me to get my hair done and all the beauticians loved it and actually some already the larger size. My cuz (beautician) taught me how to use it properly and now it can do no wrong.

A matter of fact, I did a review with pics after I learned how to use it maybe 1 1/2 years ago.

zzirvingj

I have the 207rvi and I love it. It doesn't compare to the others I've used in the past. It gets my hair silky straight. Yes I can curl with it as well. Tight curls or spiral curls, it works like a charm. When I first purchased it I did not use it properly and hated it but I took it to the salon with me to get my hair done and all the beauticians loved it and actually some already the larger size. My cuz (beautician) taught me how to use it properly and now it can do no wrong.

A matter of fact, I did a review with pics after I learned how to use it maybe 1 1/2 years ago.

What were you doing wrong and how are you using it differently now?

MoniintheMiddle

I have the FHI Platform. I LOVE IT! I got it off of Amazon for $85....plus free shipping.
I am relaxed. You can curl your hair with it. The few pics in my fotki are pics that my DH took the very first time I used my FHI on airdried hair.

SoCalli

I have FHI Model: 207RVI. I have had it for about four years now. When I bought it, they were selling it for $250, but I got mine off of ebay for $150. It is currently selling on folica.com for $105.95, but I always get expensive stuff like this for a lot cheaper on ebay. You should try looking on Amazon too.

Determined22

In my pre-LHCF days my stylist only use FHI irons on my relaxed hair, and my hair was always beautiful. She had a couple different sizes, with the small one she would wrap my hair around the iron to do spiral curls, and with the larger one she'd do the feathering stuff. Both of them had the red plates but I don't know the model numbers.

Im still bootcamping but I definitely want to get a FHI for when I'm done with bootcamp.

chebaby

I have a pink one, no variable temperature settings. I think it's a Technique.

It gets hella hot, though; I have to be careful with relaxed hair.

When my hair was natural, it straightened my hair REAL nice. Try that Hot Sauce that FHI sells. It's really good.

It's a good iron overall, though.
thats what i have. i love it. wouldnt be without it and it really doesnt bother me that it doesnt have a setting.

RubyWoo

I have a FHI platform. I ordered mine from Frizzy2silky.com and it is waaaaayy cheaper to get it there than from Folica.

I love my FHI! I have relaxed hair and it makes my hair silky straight and I never get breakage after using it. It also doesn't snag my hair; which unfortunately my Sedu does. I like the Sedu but that is my pet peeve.

bgsix

I have the 207 RVI and I lurve it. I am relaxed and it gets my hair silky straight & bouncy.

I purchased it online from Frizzy2Silky.com also.

Cxshortie

I have 2 of them, not sure of the model numbers, both purchased from ebay. The first one has wider plates and is fixed temperature and the newer one the plates are narrower and the temp is adjustable. I love both of them!

zzirvingj

I am glad to hear you guys that posted about having purchased your FHI from that frizzy site b/c that's where I plan on getting mine from. :yep:

I wonder if the Chi Rocket dryer is on that site too??? (I'm at work so I can't see)...

zzirvingj

It's there for $355. Wow! Is that a good dryer?

No way! :blush:

I think it's on Amazon for between like $115ish to $130ish I thought. I think there is a member here (moni or momi??) that has it and likes it alot. I knew it was expensive but $355 sounds fishy....:nono:

ebonimama

I have the fhi platform special edition. It has one inch red plates. It heats from 140 up to 450 degrees. I am relaxed and when I use it I get salon silky, shiny, straight hair. It does not snag. My hair is swangin' when I'm done:lachen:

I got mine off of ebay. I bought it in an auction and got it for 75.00 inclucing shipping, brand new in the box.

WesternEyes

I have the one with the red plates, 1inch. I think it cost me about $100. I have used it a few times, but I prefer my Jilbere. I suppose I'll have to try it a few more times.

mrsmeredith

What were you doing wrong and how are you using it differently now?

My parts were two thick and I didn't use enough tension. Not pulling tension though, just enough so I would only need one pass. With fhi my hair gets done faster because I only need one pass.

zzirvingj

My parts were two thick and I didn't use enough tension. Not pulling tension though, just enough so I would only need one pass. With fhi my hair gets done faster because I only need one pass.

That leads me to another question...how "wide" is everybody parting their hair when flat ironing?

I noticed last time I got my hair done in the salon that when the stylist parted my hair, the parts were no bigger than like an inch and a half.

WhipEffectz1

What model FHI iron do you have?

How does it compare to any other flat irons you've used before?

Are you relaxed or natural?

Lastly, would you recommend a particular model? I am unsure of how much I should expect to pay for an FHI and what differences there are in the different models (I saw one FHI iron for $95 and another for $195 on folica's website)

I use to have a Runway but now I'm in the market for a Platform but I've been losing on Ebay!:eek: Don't take my word for the difference in the models because I'm a numbers girl which means the higher the better for me!:look: