For those who own an FHI...

WhipEffectz1

That leads me to another question...how "wide" is everybody parting their hair when flat ironing?

I noticed last time I got my hair done in the salon that when the stylist parted my hair, the parts were no bigger than like an inch and a half.

I part small but so I don't blowout and flatiron my hair unless I can devote the time because if not then it will look a ham. I know you have seen hair that was looked like it was partially flatironed!:perplexed

SoCalli

I use to have a Runway but now I'm in the market for a Platform but I've been losing on Ebay!:eek: Don't take my word for the difference in the models because I'm a numbers girl which means the higher the better for me!:look:

I want the Runway. I'm just like you. The more expensive the better. What happened? Did you not like it? How did it make your hair feel and look?

BrockStar

I have the red plate one as well. Can i add a question please? If you're natural what temp do you put it on. I think I need to turn up the heat next time...

SoCalli

Bump...

Brockstar...I put mine on about ~400. Although, I have put it on 375 (I have fine hair) so that my hair looks thicker.

zzirvingj

I use to have a Runway but now I'm in the market for a Platform but I've been losing on Ebay!:eek: Don't take my word for the difference in the models because I'm a numbers girl which means the higher the better for me!:look:

Are the Technique and the Runway pretty much in the same "class"??

Dearlove

I have the platform special edition 1" model no. 205rvis. i love it!! The maxiglide pulled my hair and the jilbere wasn't effective. The platform plus the chase technique are the answer. My hair is natural 4something and I use it at 410. I haven't experienced any damage in the three times I've use it. I got it earlier this year at ulta. It was on sale,plus i had a coupon. It must have come to about $135.

WhipEffectz1

I want the Runway. I'm just like you. The more expensive the better. What happened? Did you not like it? How did it make your hair feel and look?

I had a freak accident with it. I absolutely loved it. Mister brought it for me as a present. It made my hair feel and look like a dream. I was looking at buying another one on Ebay but I keep losing on the auctions trying to use my stealth attack at the last minute.

WhipEffectz1

Are the Technique and the Runway pretty much in the same "class"??

I view it as being in the same class sorta but I'm price driven which is why I originally picked the Runway. I will be trying a cheaper one in the $100 class. I also think that it ultimately comes down to technique. You're either good at it or not. So having an expensive iron won't press your hair to perfection if your wrist isn't tweaking. Let me know what you get dear!

mjeffers2

I just searched for coupons for the FHI, and frizzy2silky.com has a 5% off coupon that works, type frizzy2silky in the coupon code. My FHI 207 came to $68.00 and free shipping.

lila_baby

I have the pink 1 inch http://www.justbeautifully.co.uk/images/prod/fhi-pink-medium-ceramic-straighteners-arty-170.jpg it has temp control dial. the only other flat iron i have used was by nicky clarke which goes just as host as this (232°C) but I could never use my nicky clarke on high heat or it would roast my hair. This FHI is much better even when I use it at the highest temp (I don't need to but I have tried it) it doesn't leave my hair so flat and without body like the other iron. Also my hair doesn't snag between the plates which just glide over my hair and I don't get nearly as many tangles on my ends even when I flat iron without using the chasing method.

zzirvingj

I just searched for coupons for the FHI, and frizzy2silky.com has a 5% off coupon that works, type frizzy2silky in the coupon code. My FHI 207 came to $68.00 and free shipping.

Dangit! I already bought mine :wallbash:

But thanks anyway....I'm still excited about getting my FHI...can't wait til it arrives!!

zzirvingj

I view it as being in the same class sorta but I'm price driven which is why I originally picked the Runway. I will be trying a cheaper one in the $100 class. I also think that it ultimately comes down to technique. You're either good at it or not. So having an expensive iron won't press your hair to perfection if your wrist isn't tweaking. Let me know what you get dear!

I decided to get the 302RVI model since it has adjustable temps--I got the 1 1/4 size (it was like $73 total). I was looking at 1 inch models but I thought since my hair is pretty thick and around BSL/MBL that I'd get one with an extra quarter inch???

Whipz and others who are good at pressing feel free to give us any tips!

pink gator

^^^ Great!!!

I think I want that model, too! You should also get the Hot Sauce!

It's a moisture-based heat protectant with jojoba. It's literally cone-free, plus it gives lots of swing!

SoCalli

I had a freak accident with it. I absolutely loved it. Mister brought it for me as a present. It made my hair feel and look like a dream. I was looking at buying another one on Ebay but I keep losing on the auctions trying to use my stealth attack at the last minute.

I keep looking at ebay, but they don't have the one that I want. I guess there is two versions? One with three layers of ceramic and one with six. The latter is rarely sold on ebay. I just bought an FHI blowdryer yesterday. I can't wait until it gets here!!!

MyAngelEyez~C~U

Try Amazon or Ebay...you could get a Platform model for around $100. I did, got mine last week from Ebay. I love it, and I am relaxed 4b, but not bone straight

mikosbelle

I keep looking at ebay, but they don't have the one that I want. I guess there is two versions? One with three layers of ceramic and one with six. The latter is rarely sold on ebay. I just bought an FHI blowdryer yesterday. I can't wait until it gets here!!!

Awe dang you beat me to it, just playing. Which FHI blowdryer did you purchase?

SoCalli

I got the Nano Salon Pro 2000. When I blow dried, I noticed a slight difference. My hair felt like it had more moisture, and it wasn't so dry. However, the biggest difference came after I flat ironed my hair. That's when I really noticed how much silkier and shinier my hair was using that blow dryer.