Flat Irons

kenkaikim

With so many different makers of flat irons, which makes one flat iron better than the other? I've seen the terms ceramic, ionic and tourmaline used, but is there really that much difference between FHI, CHI, Conair, Sedu, Solia, the knock-off name brands, etc.

I have a Conair flat iron that I really like, and I have ordered the flat iron that is sold by the makers of Sabino Moisture Block. I am tempted to get a Sedu or maybe even a FHI, but if they are all basically the same, why spend a fortune if I can get the same results for less?

Does anyone else feel this way, or am I the only one?

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
You gotta go with what you like. Me, I love my FHI. Purchased it 3 years ago, and its the best. My friends want me to flat iron their hair, adn borrow it. But if you find something that gets your hair straight without causing damage, then I say stick to what you know. If my FHI eve breaks, I would just buy another one, hopefully on sale.

mightycute912

I bought a Sedu, then a FHI, and I have a H2Pro for the roots. I didn't care for the Sedu on my hair and it was OK on my daughter's hair. My older sister claimed that iron for herself. I love my FHI. I bought a 1" for my hair. I got one that has the adjustable temperature and it is great. I liked it better on both my daughter's and my hair. Most of the stylist I would see would use a FHI iron on the hair. The H2Pro came about because it is 4/10" and I use that on my roots and on my daughter's roots. It gets close and makes the roots feel like it was permed. That one also is adjustable temp. The stylist who did my hair in the siggy was using this iron, so I had to get it for my own stash.

Last edited: