How does a marriage survive...?

syze6

There are so many people who feel, you don't have to attend church to have a relationship with God. Many feel the church is full of sinners and hypocrites which turns them off. What is to be said about a married man who doesn't attend church with his wife and children. My gf and I were discussing this. They say a man is sanctied through the woman. At what point does she wash her hands and stop praying for a change of heart within her husband. Does she need to continue to carry that burden of her husband being a leader and not taking his family to church? I ask this because a woman on the train was saying how she continues to pray to God without cease about her husband. I'm thinking why do you have to pray to God for his change. Shouldn't her be the one praying to God for that change?

I am one who goes to church and I take my children. My husband does not attend and feels he doesn't have to go to church. he never ceases to tell me how the bible is contradiction and what if Jesus wasn't sacrificed. What if what I believe is false and the koran(sp?) being the last bible, missing books of the bible and church and christianity being forced upon black people and on and on. It's almost like he looks and read materials to support what he doesn't want to believe.

Anyway...I don't let it bother me, but there are so many women out there like me. In my church alone, there are women who are married and you think they aren't because the husband never comes with them. It is not only in my church but many churches. It makes me wonder about the spiritual harmony in the homes and how couples dwell under these circumstances. What does that say about marriage when you have situaitions like these?

poetist

There are so many people who feel, you don't have to attend church to have a relationship with God. Many feel the church is full of sinners and hypocrites which turns them off. What is to be said about a married man who doesn't attend church with his wife and children. My gf and I were discussing this. They say a man is sanctied through the woman. At what point does she wash her hands and stop praying for a change of heart within her husband. Does she need to continue to carry that burden of her husband being a leader and not taking his family to church? I ask this because a woman on the train was saying how she continues to pray to God without cease about her husband. I'm thinking why do you have to pray to God for his change. Shouldn't her be the one praying to God for that change?

I am one who goes to church and I take my children. My husband does not attend and feels he doesn't have to go to church. he never ceases to tell me how the bible is contradiction and what if Jesus wasn't sacrificed. What if what I believe is false and the koran(sp?) being the last bible, missing books of the bible and church and christianity being forced upon black people and on and on. It's almost like he looks and read materials to support what he doesn't want to believe.

Anyway...I don't let it bother me, but there are so many women out there like me. In my church alone, there are women who are married and you think they aren't because the husband never comes with them. It is not only in my church but many churches. It makes me wonder about the spiritual harmony in the homes and how couples dwell under these circumstances. What does that say about marriage when you have situaitions like these?

I would guess that a wife would stop once she's given up on her husband. We are told to constantly be praying and interceeding for one another, so why not continue to pray for a lost husband? I think that we're supposed to pray for anyone who is lost, whether it's a wayward child, a drug addicted sibling, or a non believing spouse. If we as believers can't come before the throne of God and consistently intercede for them, then who will?

Caramela

Well first and foremost, the bible warns against joining yourself with (marrying) a non believer. But if a person chooses to, for whatever reason, marry a non-Chrisitian, they are to walk as an example to their non-Christian spouse that they MIGHT be saved. There is no guarantee. But in marriage you still took that vowe before God, and are obligated to honor it and STAY married.
If he won't go, don't let that stop you from going. If he challenges your teaching, have someone else teach him. For the bible says, one planteth, one watereth, but God giveth the increase( 1 Cor 3:7). The lady on the bus is right, pray for that husband! You can't wash your hands of him. You took vowes before God saying that you would love him, cherish him, honor him all the days of your life, good times and bad. This is the man you chose. And if he doesn't ever become a believer, just have comfort in knowing that you were the best Christian wife and mother YOU could be and that at the very least, you held up your end of the contractual binding agreementyou made with that husband and God.
Christian ladies, accept marriage proposals with caution.

syze6

Well first and foremost, the bible warns against joining yourself with (marrying) a non believer. But if a person chooses to, for whatever reason, marry a non-Chrisitian, they are to walk as an example to their non-Christian spouse that they MIGHT be saved. There is no guarantee. But in marriage you still took that vowe before God, and are obligated to honor it and STAY married.
If he won't go, don't let that stop you from going. If he challenges your teaching, have someone else teach him. For the bible says, one planteth, one watereth, but God giveth the increase( 1 Cor 3:7). The lady on the bus is right, pray for that husband! You can't wash your hands of him. You took vowes before God saying that you would love him, cherish him, honor him all the days of your life, good times and bad. This is the man you chose. And if he doesn't ever become a believer, just have comfort in knowing that you were the best Christian wife and mother YOU could be and that at the very least, you held up your end of the contractual binding agreementyou made with that husband and God.
Christian ladies, accept marriage proposals with caution.

Very well put...In my case my husband and I both went to church together before we married. Once we got married, his desire was gone. When I think about it, it was because of me, he started attending my church. I noticed after we got married, I would go and he would stay in bed. I used to ask and I decided not to anymore. Each time we came back, it was always, "I wanted to go and I was going to go!" Fast foward and now it's he doesn't believe he has to go to church! He says he reads the bible(many) and he prays while alone. I find it intersesting that he migrates to anything of the world. Whether it's partying, fornicating and adulterous friends, non- church goers etc. It makes me pray harder and remain steadfast, because I realize what spirit I and my children are up against!

mrselle

This is the main reason I think it’s so important to wait on God when it comes to marriage. I waited for my husband for a few years. I knew he was my husband before he knew. He dated other people and there were times we weren’t even on speaking terms, but I knew that I knew that I knew that he was the one God wanted me to be with. I could have married someone else. There were two other guys I dated that I could have just said to myself, “You know what? I’m tired of waiting” and married one of them, but I didn’t and I’m so glad I waited on God. You have to wait on God because everything that HE does is good and perfect. But if you don’t wait on God then do what the scriptures say and know that the wife sanctifies the husband. Also, know that sometimes the most powerful witness is a peaceful, quiet and humble spirit. Your husband will be amazed at how you’re able to handle the trials of life with such grace and when he asks you how tell him, “Its God”.

OhmyKimB

This is the main reason I think it’s so important to wait on God when it comes to marriage. I waited for my husband for a few years. I knew he was my husband before he knew. He dated other people and there were times we weren’t even on speaking terms, but I knew that I knew that I knew that he was the one God wanted me to be with. I could have married someone else. There were two other guys I dated that I could have just said to myself, “You know what? I’m tired of waiting” and married one of them, but I didn’t and I’m so glad I waited on God. You have to wait on God because everything that HE does is good and perfect. But if you don’t wait on God then do what the scriptures say and know that the wife sanctifies the husband. Also, know that sometimes the most powerful witness is a peaceful, quiet and humble spirit. Your husband will be amazed at how you’re able to handle the trials of life with such grace and when he asks you how tell him, “Its God”.

:) ...evn though you don't know...I really needed to read this...

Last edited: